• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Steve Bruce

finetime

Doing a fine job.

I'm not a big fan of teams with no history but backed by wealth and staying in the PL by nothing more than the financial difference a few years staying up give you but I'm really warming to Wigan and Bruce.

He's got a real eye for signings, his teams play good football and he always gives it a go home or away against the big teams. Of all the ex Manchester United players raised under Fergie in the 90s he seems to be the one who's doing the best with his respective budget. And he seems like a nice guy too.

See Wigan plummet down the table after this OP.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
A Capricorn like Fergie and Tis, Bruce doesn't just want to think about the next game (like Redknapp, Allardyce) and stopping the other team from playing. He's also building a team for the future capable of attacking. Have to say though, Palacios and Heskey are not easy to replace, though it's something of a masterstroke to sign Mido, not least because it'll keep his friend Zaki happy, who has clearly not been as dangerous in his first English winter as he was in the autumn. Watch his form pick up now.

Bruce, Hodgson and Zola have been the better managers out of the teams that are limited in resources and are trying to attack as well as defend. I'm eating humble pie on Zola who has been doing really well recently, after I predicted him to fail in management.

Can't help thinking Newcastle and Portsmouth are destined for the drop. Don't feel their managers will get as much out of the players as their counterparts in the drop zone.