• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 4th Round

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well the 4th round got off with a cracker. I watched the Derby V Nottingham Forest match and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had all the ingredients of a great cup tie and with them being 2 bitter rivals as well added to it. Both teams battled and there was alot of passion but I thought 1-1 was a fair result and I sincerely hope Setanta broadcast the replay if its going to be as good as the 1st match because I will definitely be tuned in to it...providing it doesnt clash with our Port Vale match of course ;).

Torquay might beat a 125 year old record today in the F.A.Cup...............................the smallest ever attendence at a 4th round match.Most non league clubs go to town and get the whole area behind them.....But the gulls just dont turn up even for Big Cup games...if it wasnt for the Covy fans they would be stuggling to get more than the 3000 for the Blakpool game......never mind non- league for ever.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hartlepool v West Ham live on ITV1 at the mo.

Very good game so far, end to end stuff, but the last 2 mins of the first half have proved Hartlepool's downfall.

Never a penalty, a clear 2 or 3 yards outside of the box, but that's football I suppose.

I wonder when there will be more calls for video technology et al?

citizen33

Re: Torquay vs Coventry. If you have the right satellite equipment and want something to watch in the background while listening to City's game, you could see the cup game on the following channels:

C+ Eventos
G Sports 2
Sky Calcio 2
Sport 1 (Ned)
SportKlub+ (Hun)
Tring +2

citizen33

P.S Guess nobody will be very interested but this game is on SportsClub+ not SC Hungary. Coventry shot just hacked off the Torquay line.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Geddon you Toffees!!!

Antony Moxey

Not impressed with the Liverpool Everton game. Liverpool should have won, but all that possession and clueless in front of goal, whereas Everton were just clueless all over the pitch.

Howard will be kicking himself for letting such a poor shot under him, but Torres' backheel deserved such a finish. And what is with the rubber-lipped whinge merchant Mascherano? Personally I'd have sent the twerp off - he should have been booked for the blatant dive, then again for asking the ref to card Cahill knowing it'd result in Cahill being sent off. Then again he dived later in a similar fashion - head back, arms and legs out, jesus man, grow a pair and get on with what you're paid for instead of trying to cheat your way to a result.

So they have to do it all again now - I guess time will tell if Everton's plan of 180 minutes behind the ball and hope for the best in penalties will work or not, I can't wait. zzz zzzzz zzzzzz

loobygrecian

Mancs words before the Everton corner was taken:

"Lescott will score, mark my words" - as if by magic, he did!

He didnt say anything about the Stevie G equaliser though! :D

manc grecian

Not impressed with the Liverpool Everton game. Liverpool should have won, but all that possession and clueless in front of goal, whereas Everton were just clueless all over the pitch.

Howard will be kicking himself for letting such a poor shot under him, but Torres' backheel deserved such a finish. And what is with the rubber-lipped whinge merchant Mascherano? Personally I'd have sent the twerp off - he should have been booked for the blatant dive, then again for asking the ref to card Cahill knowing it'd result in Cahill being sent off. Then again he dived later in a similar fashion - head back, arms and legs out, jesus man, grow a pair and get on with what you're paid for instead of trying to cheat your way to a result.

So they have to do it all again now - I guess time will tell if Everton's plan of 180 minutes behind the ball and hope for the best in penalties will work or not, I can't wait. zzz zzzzz zzzzzz
Yeah we are only missing 5 or 6 of our best attacking players. We were much better on Monday night when Arteta played. Liverpool arent much better

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
all the ball but very little end product costed us , crap game again.

1 decent chance each , 1 goal each , but saying that harris would of saved gerrards shot.