• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Agents - what do they do? The perfect Job?

mammooman

Just curious, and wanted to hear people's thoughts on footballers agents. Now, I can understand a young out of work footballer who is in search of a club, or a player in the lower leagues who needs to boost his profile a bit with a spot of guidance.

But does a player like Kaka or any of the top top players really need an agent? They hardly need to let others know they are good. Also, with about £20million being spent in agents fees et all in the so called Kaka transfer then what do they do for that money? Act as the go between? Now, not being funny but if i was company A selling a product to company B for over £100million, I'd be pretty insulted if only the go-between guy came to seal the deal and not the boss.

The only reason I can see the point in an agent for a high profile player is if the player 'needs' to move clubs, for example Drogba not understanding who is boss, or Bellamy jumping ship when he realises that West Ham are not going forward.

Borat

Agents are there because footballers are all dumb......well thats a bit of a sterotype ;)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agents exist because footballers are lazy and because transfers have become very complicated.