• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Benitez rant

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting to read what he said at a press conference about Fergie and United
But...

I think the underlying problem which he points out is the fixure lists

I quote Rafa
"Then he was talking about the fixtures. Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything.

"Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United. But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the teams at the top of the table, it is a fantastic advantage.

"But at Christmas, United played on the 29th and the rest of the teams played on the 28th. We were away against Newcastle two days after playing Bolton. They were playing about 40 hours later, they were not complaining then.

and

"If he wants to talk about fixtures, and have a level playing field as you say in England. There are two options if we don't want more problems with fixtures.

"One is the same as in Spain, the draw for the first part of the league is known, everyone knows which weekend. In the second-half everyone plays the opposite, so you all know.

"Sky and Setanta have the right to choose their games and it will be the same for everyone. So Mr Ferguson will not be complaining about fixtures and a campaign against United.

Interesting thoughts but is it time we went back to the saturday kick off at 3pm and wednesday nights at 7.45pm. It would be fairer all round and stop sky and setanta ruling the roost on match times and dates

Open for debate

Tada

Unleashed

Very interesting to read what he said at a press conference about Fergie and United
But...

I think the underlying problem which he points out is the fixure lists

I quote Rafa
"Then he was talking about the fixtures. Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs away on Saturdays when United were playing on Sundays. And we didn't say anything.

"Now he is complaining about everything, that everybody is against United. But the second half of the season will see them playing at home against all the teams at the top of the table, it is a fantastic advantage.

"But at Christmas, United played on the 29th and the rest of the teams played on the 28th. We were away against Newcastle two days after playing Bolton. They were playing about 40 hours later, they were not complaining then.

and

"If he wants to talk about fixtures, and have a level playing field as you say in England. There are two options if we don't want more problems with fixtures.

"One is the same as in Spain, the draw for the first part of the league is known, everyone knows which weekend. In the second-half everyone plays the opposite, so you all know.

"Sky and Setanta have the right to choose their games and it will be the same for everyone. So Mr Ferguson will not be complaining about fixtures and a campaign against United.

Interesting thoughts but is it time we went back to the saturday kick off at 3pm and wednesday nights at 7.45pm. It would be fairer all round and stop sky and setanta ruling the roost on match times and dates

Open for debate

Tada

Yeah well done Rafa, the next day you go and draw with Stoke lmfao.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
No way on earth Sky and Setanta would accept a national, mandatory 3pm KO time. Think about it Rafa you divvy. :cool:

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Everything he says speaks the truth , the FA are sh*t scared of united and ferguson because of the legal teams they have behind them.

One rule for one 19 different one's for everyone else.

finetime

Everything he says speaks the truth , the FA are sh*t scared of united and ferguson because of the legal teams they have behind them.
Why are the FA sh*t scared of United and SAF? Why would their legal teams be more scary than any other person/corporations?

One rule for one 19 different one's for everyone else.
What rules are exactly different, then? Have you got any actual examples, backed up with statistics, to prove this?

It's all b*ll*cks. They all whinge when it's not going for them then keep quiet when it goes the other way.

Standard.

Antony Moxey

Watching Benitez and the increasing purple-faced buffoonery of the blustering Ferguson, it's like watching two old tramps fighting over the last dregs of the wine bottle. F*cking grow up you two, it's all rather pathetic and when we laugh, we're laughing at BOTH of you. Same as when Mourinho and Wenger used to try and join in too, try acting like grown men for once, eh?

Never thought I'd say this, but how about conducting yourselves with a bit of dignity, in the way Scolari seems to whenever he's interviewed.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Spot on Moxey, but Fergie has the "mind games" down to a tee it seems, and when the others try it, it just ends up making everything even more humorous !

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Ferguson is a c*ck IMO.

DrDeath

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ferguson is a c*ck IMO.
A c*ck who has one more trophys in the last 15 years than your shower of sh*te, thats for sure.

I bet after Benitz's laughable and pathetic outburst, Good ole Fergie was pi55ing himself.

I know we all were.

A c*ck who has one more trophys in the last 15 years than your shower of sh*te, thats for sure.

I bet after Benitz's laughable and pathetic outburst, Good ole Fergie was pi55ing himself.

I know we all were.

Yaeh fair but still way behind the total trophy hall of the most successfull English team...and when the cheating ranting red nose jock finaly retires watch the blue half of manchester rise.

Facts the average stopage time at gold trafford when man ure are losing or drawing 5.5 mins. when ther winning 3.0 mins strange that 1 !
facts penalties against man ure at gold trafford 4 in 15 years
pens for sorry lost count (over 50) strange that 1 !

they wander why poeple hate them