• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

England Cricket team

The mighty Grecian

will be getting a new coach very soon

so I hear

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster

Last edited:

Brian Moore

I'm looking for a job.....

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Blimey - both gone! Didn't see that coming.

Strauss HAS to be captain this time. As he should've been in Australia in 06/07, and when Vaughan resigned.

I hope KP will be able to go back to being the swashbuckling batsman he was before and not be too powerful behind the scenes.

As for the new coach? Hmmm. I'd be against Ashley Giles, mainly because he in my eyes remains part of the "clique" which has undermined English Cricket for a while. Andy Flower may get the job pro tem, ideally we should get Tom Moody, but we missed the boat with him.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a mess!

The mighty Grecian

Give Nasser the Job, brilliant captain for England and he should be a fantastic coach. He has good knowledge of players around the county circuit. He doesn't take any Nonsense from the players

He was the team captain when........England beat West Indies for the first time in 2000, England won in Pakistan and Srilanka

No to Gilo and No to Andy Flower

may be Graham Ford who rejected the chance to coach for India currently the joint best team in the world

TimG

Blimey - both gone! Didn't see that coming.

Strauss HAS to be captain this time. As he should've been in Australia in 06/07, and when Vaughan resigned.

I hope KP will be able to go back to being the swashbuckling batsman he was before and not be too powerful behind the scenes.

As for the new coach? Hmmm. I'd be against Ashley Giles, mainly because he in my eyes remains part of the "clique" which has undermined English Cricket for a while. Andy Flower may get the job pro tem, ideally we should get Tom Moody, but we missed the boat with him.
Could not agree more strauss did a great job against pakistan and could not belive it when the job was given to freddie for the ashes. There is no way that he can not be named as capt.

But as for coach i think as long as they have a bit of a nak for cricket and are proven in some way it does not really matter aslong as they get along with the new captain as that relationship is so vital as it can be seen here.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Give Nasser the Job, brilliant captain for England and he should be a fantastic coach. He has good knowledge of players around the county circuit. He doesn't take any Nonsense from the players
No chance - both from his perspective he's happy to talk rather than do these days.

Besides, he was never particularly popular in the dressing room, and I would foresee big problems were he to take the same attitude he had as a player into coaching.

One out of left-field I would say, especially as he is old now, is Mike Brearley.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sir Ian??? or would he ruffle too many feathers?

Ha ha, just posted on cricket and my post count is 20/20......sorry!

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
If Sir Ian is ever let anywhere near the England team, that is the day I lose interest in the team.

Cracking player, cracking bloke, no flippin' idea.