• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

wycombe charge to get in family bar

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
not impressed i had to pay two flippin quid to get in the family bar with my nephew.only went in there cos it was cold and we got there after 1pm and wasnt gonna be standing outside with my 8 year old nephew.anybody else annoyed about that?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes. Was irritating.

SAXON

And then they had the brass neck to charge £4 for a bottle of a certain brand of cider,luckily I prefer bitter!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was already in the other bar, when I got the message that under 18's had a separate bar, so when my brother rang, I said would he mind taking Keiron in there, which he didn't, then heard they were charging 2 quid.

What my question is, Why were they charging 2 quid????? There was nowt special for the kids, bar the football on Sky on, which was on in the adults bar. So, seriously, how can they justify charging?? Any Wycombe fans know the answer????

CITY CASUAL

I just walk in.But then again i am a tight git.:D

tisdale 1

Resigned
No you have the right idea![y]

grecian-brad-8

not impressed i had to pay two flippin quid to get in the family bar with my nephew.only went in there cos it was cold and we got there after 1pm and wasnt gonna be standing outside with my 8 year old nephew.anybody else annoyed about that?
we were told away supporters were not aloud into the family bar

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I bet '69 did the same..:D...

Back on topic,i can understand some clubs,social clubs charging,due to membership rules,but a bar? that does seem out of order...But with no pubs close to the ground,they have a captive market & will get away with it...

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hit it right on the head there with your last comment Russ.
I was told that they hadn't expected so many away fans on the day, and by the looks of it even some of their own members were neing turned away from the front door to the bar. The £2 charge was a bit steep, £1 or 50p would've been nicer, but they're obviously short of money or something. Maybe they're still paying for their smart new ground, or more probably their stewarding bill is so high due to the traffic control after the game, that they need every penny they can get hold of!

Anyway, back to the bar question....
You'd think by now that clubs'd realise that we do always take a significant number of fans to away games, and make sure that they can cater for us. I know it's a pain in the neck having to buy advance tickets for away games but sometimes it would help so at least the clubs in question would know how many we're likely to bring along and so can lay on extra bar staff etc.

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shall a few of us charge any Wycombe fans 2 quid to get in our social when we meet again?