• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Half time team talk......

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see Phil Brown kept his players out on the pitch at halftime after Hull went 4-0 down at Man City, has this ever happened before - can you imagine Tis doing this?! *-):D

Joshyd123

Found that interesting watching that myself, would have probably been ******* myself with laughter if I was there.

And I probably would if Tisdale did it aswell in front of the Big Bank or the Doble, what does it prove? You wouldn't be able to hear what Tisdale was saying so what's the point in any manager doing it?

Last edited:

loobygrecian

I s'pose its to try and perhaps "jee" them up in front of their fans...... *-)

elginCity

I saw it as Brown disassociating himself from his team, and deciding to belittle the players right in front of their own fans.

A brave or foolhardy move? Certainly risky, time will tell.

RHINO

They must have got some stick from the Man City fans and the ground staff must have been pi**ed off

finetime

Has anyone heard Phil Brown being interviewed when he constantly goes on about phil brown's hull and how phil brown wont put up with this now or in the future because phil brown teams give 100%.

Phil Brown might not think Phil Brown is talking out of his ******** and is a classic arrogant tw*t whose teams play sh*te football with athletes rather than footballers right out of the 'Big' Sam Allardyce school of management but I do.

What a tw*t.

Antony Moxey

Never thought of him like that before Finetime, but when you put it like that I think you're right.

tisdale 1

Resigned
ha ha bloody brilliant! what a brave guy. good luck to him about time players got this sort of event they get paid sh*te loads so they must take the good with the bad.

Antony Moxey

ha ha bloody brilliant! what a brave guy. good luck to him about time players got this sort of event they get paid sh*te loads so they must take the good with the bad.
Really? Do you think the players deliberately set out to be rubbish yesterday, or perhaps they were just completely done by a cracking looking Man City side who broke at speed, passed quickly and accurately and finished in no little style? Or maybe they've been playing way above their abilities and of late are beginning to be found out?

Maybe, Geovanni apart, they aren't actually that good at all and are getting exactly what their play deserves? I quite like Finetime's view, and the fact that Brown was assistant to Allardyce at Bolton for years says quite a bit.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think its brilliant. I love the hard man approach to management. These players get paid way too much and the loyal fans had to travel miles and spend a fortune to support the team. Being 4 - 0 down at half time isnt good enough and if he feels a stern talking to infront of the fans is needed then so be it. I take my hat off to him.