• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Beckham to Milan

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
With all the usual overblown hype and fanfare, Becks & entourage arrive in Milan.

Expectations are high, as he lines up alongside Kaka.

Will the ageing goldenballs return from EasyStreet USA and deliver?

Or will he be found out, and bomb spectacularly?

Joshyd123

Was talking about this the other day to a mate of mine and we both shared the same views of which are that Becks won't contribute anything to Milan and never get back into the England squad after Capello declares that he wasn't impressed.

Antony Moxey

What does he care? He's married to a Spice Girl, got three lovely kids, more money than you can shake a stick at with a telephone number salary (including the full international dialling code), has played for three of the biggest football clubs on the planet when we'd all give our right arms to play for our local one and has captained England.

I'm sure he's concerned about what we think!

Poultice

I'm sure he's concerned about what we think!
I have heard he is an avid watcher of Kellows Bootlaces but hasn't read these forums since Greasy Ian posted that you couldn't win anything with kids and that he in particular would never achieve anything in the game.

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is THE star of his footballing generation, no doubts!!. I was disappointed that he seemed to take the almost, ambassadorial role by going to the states, thought that football wise it was the easy option. But on a personal family level,must have been really nice and a relief to get some space. But as mr Moxey says Im sure hes taking note of what we say. but IMO hes still got enough in his tank to make a difference to most squads and games including Englands.Long may it last.

Ian_Woodward

I see he scored again tonight from a freekick :D

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/2021939/

Red the Paper

Banned
With all the usual overblown hype and fanfare, Becks & entourage arrive in Milan.

Expectations are high, as he lines up alongside Kaka.

Will the ageing goldenballs return from EasyStreet USA and deliver?

Or will he be found out, and bomb spectacularly?
You know jack sh*t Elgin. Nothing new.

Well done Beckham, once again proving the uninformed wrong.

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

In front of Mr Capello aswell tonight.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The Italian game suits his game down to the ground , and with the way they look after there players he could go on for years yet if he stayed there which i think he will...

still a class act IMO.

Red the Paper

Banned
still a class act IMO.
From someone who understands the game, yet is a Liverpool fan, you are spot on. A class act, shouldn't be in the US and suits continental football