• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe club bars open to City fans & parking info.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Information posted on GNet;

Please see the following message from Dave Peters who was a founding member of the Exeter Exiles and attends Wycombe for every home match as he reports for the local press on their games.

I have been speaking to the relevant people at Wycombe and they have agreed to let City fans into the bars before and after the game.

Exeter fans will be able to use the Scores Bar at the ground. Families can also gain access to the Vere Suite bar. Both bars are located alongside the main stand which you will see when you enter the car park. Scores is next door to the players' entrance and reception, while the Vere Suite is towards the far end of the car park.

Both come with the proviso that admission won't be granted if the bars are too full of course.

Pubs around the ground are not plentiful. Adams Park is located at the end of an industrial estate and apart from the bars at the ground it is almost in an alcohol free zone. The Hour Glass is the closest pub and anything else is at least a mile and a half away.

For those that won't have had enough of seeing things get unwrapped on Christmas Day, the White Horse (about two miles away on the A40 West Wycombe Road) is the strippers' pub so they tell me!

There is parking at the ground. I think it is £3 but it maybe a fiver, however you are probably better parking on the industrial estate leading up to the ground. Most units charge £3, but the main advantage is a quicker getaway afterwards. If you park at the ground you can expect to wait 45 minutes before you leave the car park and longer if there is a big crowd.

One other thing worth remembering is the half time tannoy announcer, Dave Evans. Every week he tries to wind me up by reading out the wrong Exeter score at half time, according to his announcements we've never been in front! A little bit of friendly abuse aimed at him wouldn't go amiss. He would be disappointed if he doesn't get stick.

Up The City, Dave Peters

libby

"One other thing worth remembering is the half time tannoy announcer, Dave Evans. Every week he tries to wind me up by reading out the wrong Exeter score at half time, according to his announcements we've never been in front! A little bit of friendly abuse aimed at him wouldn't go amiss. He would be disappointed if he doesn't get stick."

Thank you so much for clearing this up...while living in london last year i went to quite a few wycombe matches and couldnt understand why were alway behind at half time! Some are easily confused :)

It is best to park near the begining of the industrial estate as there is only one road in so takes a while to get out the closer to the ground you go.

Is a great ground though- will be a good day out.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I believe I will be stopping in at the Hour Glass beforehand, should be meeting up with Exiles FC's Wycombe-supporting "ringer" all being well.