• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Car Boot Sales

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Me & Mrs Credy - are going to do a Car Boot sale on Sunday - the first time we have done it we are trying all sorts of things to raise funds for are "House fund" - Just wondered if any other exewebbers have done it or have been to many and have any ideas what sell's well ?? what sort of prices we should charge etc etc ,

Im selling a Nintendo computer and 20 Games for 30 quid - do you think thats good value ?? to much or cheap ?? - maybe a nice present for a young kid whose parents are not that well off ??

angelic upstart

Forget the car boot and get a better job???

Gozzer

Blimey Credy, why don't you just try to sell it all on Exeweb instead?

CREDYGRECIAN

angelic upstart said:
Forget the car boot and get a better job???
i love my Job mate and its not a bad paying job either - My mrs has started doing Mobile hair dressing in the evenings as well as working in a salon in the day - to make more money and we are thinking of ways to get a few quid in - a people suggested a car boot - weve got loads of nice things that im sure people would want in good condition -

I have thought about the new job thing - But i started here as a trainee of 60quid a week through my training course , became a fully qualified sales consultant , then became assistant manager & now im the Manager of the office - and ive been for 5 years so i dont really want to jack in all in after all the work ive put in !

angelic upstart

I appreciate your comments but unless you have genuine collectables a car boot will bring in 300 quid maximum.Which probably isn't a weeks wage so how else do you make extra money (within the law) earn more...easy really.With the skills you have you could double your wage selling something else the obvious down point is you'll probably hate the job.The question is do you see yourself at the travel agency when you retire?

CREDYGRECIAN

Angelic this is something i need to decide on - the love of the job and my intrest in travel is important to me - and being the Manager of my own agency is nice / and when you start at the bottom working your way to the top means you acheived something and im proad of that fact -

My skills could get me something else im sure but am i going to hate it and be unhappy ?? thats something i need to decide on

angelic upstart

You've every right to be proud of that fact and prospective employers would see the potential you offer.Truth is if you move somewhere for more and hate the job just move job again until you find a suitable job for your needs and all the while make sure your earning the dollar.If thats what you want....Me i just work like a dog for **** all money cos im to lazy to bother attempting to make anything of myself.

CREDYGRECIAN

Gozzer said:
Blimey Credy, why don't you just try to sell it all on Exeweb instead?
Fancy a Nintendo ?? :lol: - its got the original Mario Brothers Game superb old school :whistle:

LammieLammieLammie

Why Don't you sell all your clocks Credy....

Surely they are no use to you as they are all an hour fast!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CREDYGRECIAN

LammieLammieLammie said:
Why Don't you sell all your clocks Credy....

Surely they are no use to you as they are all an hour fast!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dont get me started on clocks mate Exeweb is still and hour fast - its a real thing i hate not knowing the correct time its 15:57 right :wink: