• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another one bites the dust

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Blackburn have relieved Paul Ince from his duties; why the club can't come out and say we've sacked him I don't know?

I said at the start of the season Keane & Ince would be gone by Christmas.

If results don't improve quickly I can see Mark Hughes being shown the door in January :p

Last edited:

manc grecian

I hate Paul Ince therefore I am rather pleased.

Should learn to walk before you can run.

Feel a bit sorry for Incy.he should have never been given the job,he only got the job because he was a high profile player,sadly not because he was a good manager.He did well at Maccsfield and at M.k you or I could have got them promotion with there budget.There are loads of better managers in the lower leagues but with out the hype,Tiss for starters the guy at Scunny,Johnson at Bristol Sh*ty, Fallon at Histon just to name a few.Look at the top managers now and very few were good footballers,think you need degrees in sports science ,nutrition,man managment and know about football.Mourino,wenger,benitez dont think any of them even played pro football at a good level.Who next for the chop ...Hughes ?

Gozzer

Should learn to walk before you can run.
Saving Macclesfield's bacon and promotion at MK Dons showed that he was steady enough at walking pace.

The vote of confidence from the Blackburn chairman tripped him up in the end.

The thing is, its the bad times in the lower divisions which you learn the lessons from, IMO. Ince had it all too easy, whereas Gerry Francis (curse him) built on his experiences in getting City relegated when he got his next job. Of course, there's no time for a manager to serve an 'apprenticeship' in today's game.

ECFC TOM

Paul Ince should never have taken the Blackburn job, and I had a feeling he wouldn't last long. He could have really done with a couple more years at MK Dons or maybe a season at a Championship club. I'm not his biggest fan but it was good to see a black English manager in the Premier League.

Gozzer

He's not the Guv'nor any longer.

David Treharne

Surely what this raises is the whole expectation level in the Premiership? I'm certain that such is that pressure that ANY Manager who shows even the slightest abilitity at a lower level whther it is through skills at man management, coaching or simply having rather a good budget for that division or league will attract attention simple in the (vain?) hope that they will be able to replicate it at a higher level.
I don't know if anybody else has seen what Harry Rednapp said at the Spurs AGM yesterday, but the gist of it is that he was asked (off the cuff) by Mervyn Davis ( a non Executive Director of the Club) to assess the squad in front of the shareholders. The telling point was where he said " So far we've got the best out of what we have here, but the squad is still well short of the top four and not as good as Aston Villa and other teams challenging up there. There's a a lot of work to be done to get where we want to be" he added " I bet you wished you hadn't asked that question now, don't you Mervyn?"
THAT is the kind of pressure that these guys are up against and the problems that they face when they take over the squads and concepts that other people have built.

elginCity

Can't think of any other industry where decisions made by a humble manager are so pivotal to the fortunes of a plc.

LOG

I concur.

Upon hearing the news of his sacking, it made my day.

Admittedly, not much has happened on planet LOG today.

loobygrecian

I see Big Sam has been appointed at Blackburn now.