• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ROC (Race of Champions)

Borat

As I was in London all weekend visiting the sister, after the dissapointment of the daggers floodlight failure, myself and father had an amazing day at Citys second home.....Wembley Stadium to watch the race of champions. 6 hours of racing, stunts and best of all cheerleaders ;). I even got the chance to sit in my seat I was sat in during the Playoff final last year....oh the memorys :)

Did anyone else make it to Wembley on Sunday?

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw it on the telly earlier, and have to say I had to turn it over after a while, it was dull as ditchwater once you'd seen a few races.

Borat

Saw it on the telly earlier, and have to say I had to turn it over after a while, it was dull as ditchwater once you'd seen a few races.
Yeah I watched the reply from Sky Sports earlier today, didn't give it justice. The noise of Lewis Hamiltons F1 car was worth the entrance money along. During the breaks on Sky Sports there was much more going on and the two lads on the tannoy which you couldn't hear on the TV were top class.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh I bet - no substitute for seeing an event live. Like you say, I bet the noise was incredible.

Borat

Oh I bet - no substitute for seeing an event live. Like you say, I bet the noise was incredible.
Yeah was a good day out, I must say that the 45mins stood in daggers away end will still be the highlight of the weekend......football over any other sport anyday :)

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
RoC is a bit of an end of season show so not really surprised that it doesn't translate to the TV. As you've both said it's quite impressive for the noise, probably my favourite part of when I've gone to the Festival of Speed is hearing the cars rev up in the pits

Never been to RoC and to be honest I don't think I ever will, I'd much rather spend my money on 'proper' motorsport which consists of walking miles, standing in a cold forest and being pelted with gravel :D Although when I put it like that the whole stadium thing seems quite a bit more attractive ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And they wonder why the pitch at Wembley is always in such a dreadful state.

There must be other ways for the stadium to pay for itself rather than staging events that ruin the pitch (and yes, I know it's relaid etc., but that is even worse in terms of the development of the pitch surface!).