• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taylor calls for regionalisation

Borat

Interesting comments on reglionalsation like the Conference North and South for the Premier?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/woking/7781884.stm

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
No, no and no again. If they can't afford to travel to Wrexham, they should not have turned full-time on gates of 1500, propped up by 6-figure sums from owners.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
The above says it all for me.

Woking? Full time?

No, it just doesn't work, however many times you say it.

cityno1ledgend

Woking will never ever be the football league IMO

Dont have to funds and players to do so

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, no and no again. If they can't afford to travel to Wrexham, they should not have turned full-time on gates of 1500, propped up by 6-figure sums from owners.
Before I opened the link and read your bit Jase I thought it was about Torquay!!! ::D

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Totally agree; and further to Taylor's comments; if you can't afford accomadation; what's wrong with the tried & tested travelling up on the team coach in the morning of the game; and coming back the same day?

Oldsmobile-88

It took many years to get the pyramid of non league football in place.
Starting with the Alliance Premier in 1979(clubs from the Northern Prem & Southern leagues) to the feeder leagues that are in place now..I can't believe many clubs will want to mess around with that..

Gozzer

It won't happen. The BSP would lose all credibility. If Woking find playing in a national league is too much for them, they can get themselves relegated to the BS South.

Oh, I see, yes, right.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good idea, good for the fans, more games within easy reach, better for the players, probably most of them need to supplement there footie income. And cheaper for the clubs traveling costs. win win as far as im concerned. Some one give some good reasons for this not to work!!no no no doesn't cut it and the current system works is as good a reason as it gets , but thats a statement and probably the clubs balance sheets prove otherwise. The trouble with football and its fans is that its stuck in the present and refuses to believe that the alternatives could be better.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good idea, good for the fans, more games within easy reach, better for the players, probably most of them need to supplement there footie income. And cheaper for the clubs traveling costs. win win as far as im concerned. Some one give some good reasons for this not to work!!no no no doesn't cut it and the current system works is as good a reason as it gets , but thats a statement and probably the clubs balance sheets prove otherwise. The trouble with football and its fans is that its stuck in the present and refuses to believe that the alternatives could be better.
The standard of football would generally be lower, as once you split the Conference National into North & South you would then have to promote the top halfs of the current Conference North & South to make up the numbers in each division, meaning the standard would be somewhere between the two.

In turn, you would end up with two divisions with a massive split between Pro & Semi Pro sides, the majority of the Conference are full time, and if that is sustainable on the gates these sides are getting, then that isn't going to change - especially for ex-league clubs - so these regional leagues would be less competitive. If a club can't afford the travelling, then they are playing at the wrong level for their setup.

An alternative would be to take League 2 & the Conference and split them into two regional League 2's, but I really don't see why travelling round a relatively small country should be a problem for any League 2 side cost wise, when you consider the money that is paid in wages and such like.