• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The varsity rugby match

papillon

I thought I better 'big up' yesterdays Varsity Rugby match at Twickers. I went with some friends at it was certainly the best Varsity match I have ever been too. Oxfords Tim Catling was outstanding.

The day was also helped with plenty of Cider and a lovely dinner at Strada in the evening.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Re: The varsity ugby match

Glad you had a good time, but...

I thought we had agreed to not mention the "R" word again. We'll only start getting those strange adverts again. I have them now, promise of Wales/England ugby matches. :cool:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why big up something that nobody is interested in?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Fortunately it didn't take forever to get home from work via the stadium!

One definite bonus from watching the crowds heading to Twickenham from the stadium afterwards was that EVERY woman in the hordes seemed to be an absolute honey. Made for a very pleasant drive home!

Woodsy

But some of us interested in rugby as well as football.

I've never understood why there is so much interest in Oxford v Cambridge at rugby and rowing. It's just a bunch of toffs saying ra ra lots and bragging about how much money daddy has.

Brian Moore

It is a great day out though even if the rugby isnt always the best. The Chiefs second team hammered Oxford a couple of weeks ago BTW!

Woodsy

Shame the chiefs first team couldn't beat Esher! Lose to Leeds and there season is all but over already!