• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Formula 1

Brian Moore

Banning fuel stops from 2010. So that'll be no overtaking at all then.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wait until next year to see overtaking. Aero rules have been drastically changed to encourage it and engines are going to be a Cosworth spec which means it'll be more equal.

exeips

Banning fuel stops from 2010. So that'll be no overtaking at all then.
Image following a sport where you know who's going to win before it starts......

P.S who are the Chiefs beating this weekend?;)

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wait until next year to see overtaking....it'll be more equal.
I don't follow the logic here. If the cars are more 'equal' in terms of handling and power surely there would be less opportunity to overtake.

I would like to see the introduction of James Bond-style oil slicks, smokescreens, machine guns and cars going up on stilts like in Wacky Races. Also each driver should have 3 'nitrous oxide' boosts to use per race. Then you'd see some overtaking.

Antony Moxey

Or how about just letting the courts decide the winner? That's Ferrari's preferred method.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't follow the logic here. If the cars are more 'equal' in terms of handling and power surely there would be less opportunity to overtake.
Doesn't happen that way. Fernando Alonso is a much better driver than Heidfeld or Massa but often finishes behind them because the BMW and Ferrari are so good. If the playing field is levelled then it's more down to the driver using his skill than having a good handling car. I'm not saying that driving an F1 car is easy, just that some cars are easier to drive than others and that if everyone is driving the same car then it'll be closer, just try watching some single make races like Minis or the Locost championship and you can see what I mean.

LOG

Spy Hunter was a good game.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
P.S who are the Chiefs beating this weekend?;)
Supposed to be Esher but they f*cked that right up. :D

Brian Moore

Supposed to be Esher but they f*cked that right up. :D
At least Esher are in the same division as the Chiefs, Curzon Ashton anyone? :)

Last edited:

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
At least Esher are in the same division as the Chiefs, Curzon Ashton anyone? :)
Now that's a low blow :p