• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Daggers Pub?

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't much fancy sitting with my legs crossed for 20 odd stops on the District Line, so would rather drink nearer the ground.

Where will City people be?

denzel

Arthur in case you haven't heard the District line finishes at Barking on Saturday, hence a few will be in the Barking Dog. (Wetherspoons), before boarding the delightful Rail Replacement Bus B.

I'm not aware of any plans to drink in Dagenham itself.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm not aware of any plans to drink in Dagenham itself.
Having never knowingly been to Dagenham, is that because there is no where to drink, or a case of you would never want to drink there?

Nigel E

Having never knowingly been to Dagenham, is that because there is no where to drink, or a case of you would never want to drink there?
I find the Good Beer Guide a reasonably reliable source of advice on "safe" pubs - whether you like real ale or not. Dagenham doesn't have a pub in the GBG. Make of that what you will.

But there is one near to Barking station - the Britannia - which I hope to visit. Wetherspoons also tend to be a reasonable fall back.

LOG

I went to Dagenham a few seasons back. It didn't strike me as a place where you'd go for a drink.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
But there is one near to Barking station - the Britannia - which I hope to visit. Wetherspoons also tend to be a reasonable fall back.
The Wetherspoons in Barking was what I was planning on, just intrigued that no pub nearer the stadium had been mentioned!

Nigel E

The Wetherspoons in Barking was what I was planning on, just intrigued that no pub nearer the stadium had been mentioned!
I might give it a miss...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/43/4359/Barking_Dog/Barking

LammieLammieLammie

I went to Dagenham a few seasons back. It didn't strike me as a place where you'd go for a drink.
:D:D

Makes Aldershot look salubrious.

Last edited:

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
:D:D

Makes Aldershot look salubrious.
OMG i hope you are joking! Jeez no where can be that bad!

LammieLammieLammie

You have obviously never been to Daggers....