• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sicknote

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see Darren Anderton "sicknote" is hanging up his boots after Bournemouths game with Chester tomorrow...fantastic player in his early days but never really got over the injury problems that blighted career.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
With all his injuries,I'm impressed he reached 36 before he had to retire.Not every professional player can say that.Well done to him!

manc grecian

Probably injured for tomorrows game.

DB9

Probably injured for tomorrows game.
On the contrary Manc, Scores the winner in his final match, Good way to bow out

grecIAN Harris

I'm wondering whether this mid season retirement and the fact that Bournemouth are managed by Jimmy Quinn are in some way linked.*-)

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm wondering whether this mid season retirement and the fact that Bournemouth are managed by Jimmy Quinn are in some way linked.*-)
May well be, Anderton said one of the main reasons for his retirement was that he found the training heavy going, and wasnt enjoying it.
, saw him a lot in his early days at spurs and thought he was an outstanding footballer, the sicknote label was a little unfortunate and in someways unjustified, nearly 600 ist team performances, if his problem, imo, was spotted earlier in his career this label his International and Tottenham career may well have been extended .