• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Keane and Sunderland part company..

Grecian joe.

Unleashed

No surprise really, average player, sh*te manager.

Next will be Ince.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Fantastic player, a manager who gained promotion and kept his side in the Premiership.

This season all didn't seem right in recent weeks - shame really as he'd assembled a decent squad.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
No surprise really, average player, sh*te manager.

Next will be Ince.
Behave yourself, he was simply a fantastic player. Every team could do with a talent like Keane in their side. Shame he wasn't English though !

Didn't think he did a bad job as a manager either TBH,

Agree about Ince though !

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Magnificent player , and on the whole has done a good job at Sunderland , promotion and staying up last year...

Too many individiuals in his squad now.

Big sam to get the job i reckons.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spent an absolute fortune on average players.

Gozzer

Performed an amazing transformation from great player with arrogant attitude to goos manager with tremendous dignity. How refreshing it was to see a manager who, even when goaded into it by interviewers, didn't blame the referee.

I think he did a lot for Sunderland. Got them promoted in his first season, kept them up last year and would have done the same this year. Couple of wins before Xmas would have seen them into mid table and taken a lot of the pressure off.

Question marks over a lot of his signings, but then a while back he was explaining how difficult it was to 'sell' the idea of coming to Sunderland to WAGS, which you can't argue with. He may have overspent, but the club had the attitude that they were prepared to spend to stay in the Premiership. If it wasn't Keane making the signings it would have been someone else.

Maybe they will accept that they are already relegated again and bring in Howard Wilkinson for the rest of the season. I have a feeling that Keane will learn from his mistakes and become a great manager at another club in the future.

RHINO

Once again it shows that being a great player and Roy was that, does not guarantee success as a manager

manc grecian

He has hardly failed as a manager. He has bought some bog average players for a lorra lorra money but two wins and they would have been on the verge of Europe. That's football though.

Last edited:

ECFC TOM

Glad he's gone, I can't stand him.