• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Darren Bent, goal scoring machine or luckiest man ever......

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
...to get paid that much for playing football ?

First an admission, I used to think he was summat special when he was a kid, searing pace, decent touch and an eye for a goal.

Now it just seems to me he runs around a bit and scores a few goals, his hold up play and passing seem pretty much non existent yet men with coaching badges on big wages have paid huge lumps of cash for him.................but what do I know ?

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bored Poult?

Poultice

Bored Poult?
No no no no no........well yes.

Just wanted to see if anybody out there was actually interested in talking about football any more, it strikes me that this forum in particular used to be quite a hive of opinion about all manner of stuff, now it is more like an hefalumps graveyard, a bit like Aveley on Monday night where Mackster and I witnessed Maidstone being dumped out of the Isthmian League Cup.

One to watch, 17 yr old left winger surname Carlos, scored the best goal I have seen for many a long year, rumoured to be heading to Gillingham.

And no I haven't.

manc grecian

Bent is bog average. His only attribute is his pace and that aint enough against top defenders. Will always score a few against the rubbish sides but not against top defenders.

I'm bored as well.

Poultice

Bent is bog average. His only attribute is his pace and that aint enough against top defenders. Will always score a few against the rubbish sides but not against top defenders.

I'm bored as well.
He certainly didn't get one against the mighty Everton, which kinda knobs your argument.

p.s. I have no idea whether he was actually playing.

manc grecian

Yes he was. But he got taken off, got no change from Phil 'baresi' Jagielka.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
One to watch, 17 yr old left winger surname Carlos, scored the best goal I have seen for many a long year, rumoured to be heading to Gillingham.

And no I haven't.
Your rumour is more than that I am led to believe as the lad is has been watched by most teams in the South East, Charlton, Webbedfeet et al. The latter have watched him on a couple of ocassions, but were told that he will be going to a league side.

Get on with it then...

angelic upstart

Bent is an average striker. No more no less.

Incidently, I really rate Jagielka.

manc grecian

Jagielka seems to excel in last ditch tackles. The cynic in me says that he therefore gets caught out of position a lot.

His distribution is terrrible but he is miles better than Joleon Lescott who's head has turned into that of an England International.

grecIAN Harris

I thought Everton were mugged when they shelled out shedloads for Andy Johnson. Spurs were not only mugged but suffered ABH in the process when they shelled out........ what was it? £16 million??? Half decent club striker for lesser Premier League lights but isn't up to cutting it at a decent side and certainly not international material.