• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Website for old football results

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if anyone can help? I am trying to find a website (or another means) of finding out old football league results. I have tried googling, but without any luck. I have recently acquired (and will be getting some more), old football programmes, and would dearly love to know the results of these matches for my records! I'm surprised a website does not exist with a simple table of results for each of the top 4 divisions for each year since it all began! Many thanks.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Try soccerbase - pretty comprehensive. You have to go into the relevant team and then enter the season you want.

www.soccerbase.com

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Redpaul and LOG - Thank you very much! I have managed to locate all the scores I needed!

MikeB

I wonder if anyone can help? I am trying to find a website (or another means) of finding out old football league results. I have tried googling, but without any luck. I have recently acquired (and will be getting some more), old football programmes, and would dearly love to know the results of these matches for my records! I'm surprised a website does not exist with a simple table of results for each of the top 4 divisions for each year since it all began! Many thanks.
There is a book which I have which lists all the results going back to the formation of the Football League in 1888, but long since out of print.