• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids sport

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Following the success of the kids football thread, I thought I'd try this as well! Does your lad (or lass) excel at tennis, althletics, rugby, badminton, swimming, netball, hockey etc? Then boast about it here, we might be reading about the fledgling career of a future Olympic champion, and we can all bask in a bit of reflective glory too. And as well, we have plenty of junior Exewebbers in our ranks too these days, lets hear of your non footy sporting achievements as well. There's precious little good news in the world today, so it'll be good to hear of fellow supporters doing well.

And seeing as it's my thread, I'll start it off with Harry's rugby and a fine 21-14 win over Okehampton this morning for Exeter Chiefs. From the start it was a tough game with Oke having some huge lads in their pack, but Harry got stuck in and, as a second row forward, made sure the pack stood fast and drove over well when the ball was loose. I might have got frozen stiff two mornings running, but there isn't much in the world that's better than seeing your lad knock some giant twice his size bandy in a tackle, then stick his knee in his nuts and tell him there's plenty more where that came from as they both get up. Hahahaha - that's m'boy!

Last edited:

Red the Paper

Banned
Can anybody say they excel at Rugby?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes they can. If you choose an activity and find yourself better than a lot of others at it, then you can say you excel, unless you're simply pointing out a typo or something? Please don't spoil the thread Red, there's plenty of others where you can do that. ;)