• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Today's Game: Bizarre!

MikeB

The game I saw today must rate as one of the most bizarre in 50 years of watching football!

Final result - Lancaster City 3 Ossett Albion 2.

Match report on http://darkrockdiaries.blogspot.com later this evening.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Someone did a video of the gloom:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_HejtifA7s4

Why didn't it get abandoned?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
That reminds of playing at Beer once. We could tell what it was gong to be like as soon as we got to the top of the hill at Newton Pop. The mist, fog and cloud just shrouded over us but we carried on regardless expecting to Beer only to be told to go hom again. But to our surprise the ref said the game was playable despite the fact you couldn't see across the pitch leave alone see from one end to the other.

rogerc

would you want to go back to Lancaster to play it again?

MikeB

From the middle of the pitch, I don't doubt the referee could actually see both goals and the linesmen (just!), so on that basis he felt there was no need to halt proceedings. But from a those on the repectice benches and the spectators point of view, it was pure farce.

At one point Ossett wanted to make a substotutuon, and it took a while brefore the player coming off the field i it was him to be subbed. He said: "I couldn't see the board!"

What has amazed me is there is no mention of fog in the match report that appears in the Non league Paper this morning!