• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bad news again...

brayford grecian

After the news about Geoff Horsfield and more recently Chris Todd suffering from major illnesses

I just saw this on the BBC Sport Website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chesterfield/7745803.stm

I would like to wish Derek and his family the best of luck in the face of this horrible illness.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, just saw this on TFF.

Best wishes to Derek and family - hope all goes well and that he can be back on the pitch.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yes, just saw this on TFF.

Best wishes to Derek and family - hope all goes well and that he can be back on the pitch.
Best wishes to Derek.

A reminder to the blokes on here to check themselves on a regular basis. I think the under 30 years old category are most at risk?
:$

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Phew. Being 31 obviously I'm safe...

That said, after a bit of a scare a few years back (had to be checked over but was fine), I do remember to check pretty often...

ECFC TOM

I hope he gets well soon. I always thought prostate/testicular cancer generally affected older men.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I hope he gets well soon. I always thought prostate/testicular cancer generally affected older men.
Prostate affects older men. But testicular cancer affects younger men.

southamptongrecian

wish Derek a speedy recovery.

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Prostate affects older men. But testicular cancer affects younger men.
You're all ahem nuts; like all illness it can strike at anytime in ones life; check em; better still do as I do; get the wife to check em ;)

Best wishes to Derek and hopefully a speedy & full recovery from this [y]

GrecianGav

Best wishes to Derek.

A reminder to the blokes on here to check themselves on a regular basis. I think the under 30 years old category are most at risk?
:$
Best wishes obviously to Derek and his family and it is a must to check yourself, Im 25 and about 3 months ago found a lump but after having it all checked out it seems that the lump or lumps were particles of Calcium and Chalk but thankfully it wasnt what i was fearing the most so atleast that put my mind at rest.