• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The "Big FAT Trophy"

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone else been waiting since break of dawn in eager anticipation of the FAT draw??................................

..Thought not.

Although PS:
Will the Turkeys been doomed to another year of Wembley heartbreak..
....or will they be consigned to an early Bath in the opening round?

Discuss

Last edited:

MikeB

Anyone else been waiting since break of dawn in eager anticipation of the FAT draw??...............................
Yes most definitely. I was hoping that either Barrow or Burscough got a home draw, and I am pleased to note that the former will be at home to Skelmersdale United. Another chance for me to watch the player I recommended to City three months ago ... assuming he plays of course! Must be a while since Barrow and Skem have faced one another.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ebbsfleet won it last year, but I seem to have forgotten who they beat in the final. Can anyone remind me?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's one four us to ponder, I'm sure.

Grecian2K

I, four one, wouldn't wish to intrude in such private grief. :(

Gozzer

My one regret from our time in the Conference was not winning the FAT. We got close at times and it would have been good to win the thing after going that far. Of course in the end we managed some more meaningful visits to Wembley.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
My one regret from our time in the Conference was not winning the FAT. We got close at times and it would have been good to win the thing after going that far. Of course in the end we managed some more meaningful visits to Wembley.
Champions in the Paint Pot some day would be adequate compensation though.:)

Gozzer

Sure, I will settle for that. Its just in my lifetime I have only seen City win the old Div 4 Championship - and the dear old Devon Bowl a few times. I want to live long enough to see City win a few more competitions. I'm not that bothered which ones and the FAT was achievable.

Oldsmobile-88

I'm not that bothered which ones and the FAT was achievable.
Yes.It was a national competition & has more kudos than the paint trophy...Our chance went when we missed that penalty at Grays...

rogerc

I saw Grays at Lewes on Saturday. If we played them now we'd thrash 'em.
Just to think that it wasn't long ago we were interested in Thurgood and Slabber. I wouldn't be now. Like the rest of the Grays team they were just going through the motions.
The only positive point was probably the best Conference ref I've seen for some time.