• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Other players in League 2

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
During our time in the Conference, there were occaisonally opposition players who caught the eye and people on here were clamouring for the club to sign. Off the top of my head, there was Bevan of Kiddy, Cronin and Long of Ebbsfleet and a certain Panther of York ;).

Has anyone noticed any players in this devision who would be worth signing to strengthen the team. In the handful of matches I have seen this season, nobody amongst the opposition has impressed me particularly. How about you?

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Ward, and Lester, proper centre forwards. They also had a very decent engine man in the middle, but his name has escaped me at the moment !

Poultice

From Darlo and Port Vale I would take nowt, although having watched Ebbsfleet agin Histon I would still want Cronin plus a couple of the Histon boys, Long seemed to have lost the plot somewhat.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Ward & Lestor totally run the show up the park a couple weeks ago , both would walk in our side on current form...

Peter Thorne also , from Bradford , been there done it got the t-shirt & bangs in the goals.

Ben Davies from Shrewsbury is a class act , expect to see him go through the leagues.

Glen Poole of Brentford as well , great left foot and gives them good balance from left midfield.

Poultice

Ward & Lestor totally run the show up the park a couple weeks ago , both would walk in our side on current form....
Ah, and you mean play Stans wide right, thought for one miute there........

Gozzer

Glen Poole of Brentford as well , great left foot and gives them good balance from left midfield.
Good call. Him and Kightly were excellent when playing for Grays against us a while back, along with Hooper, Thurgood and McLean. I haven't seen any of them since they left that club, but I believe they are all playing at L2 or above, apart from Thurgood who slowed right down...

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Omar Daley from Bradford - was absolute quality when he played us.

ecfcandy

Omar Daley from Bradford - was absolute quality when he played us.
he always plays well when i see him on highlights shows etc!

ecfcandy

From Darlo and Port Vale I would take nowt, although having watched Ebbsfleet agin Histon I would still want Cronin plus a couple of the Histon boys, Long seemed to have lost the plot somewhat.
Histon boys, was Paddy Ada one of them!!

Jim Shepherd

he always plays well when i see him on highlights shows etc!
At the risk of a whoosh and the absence of an ironic carol thingy, isn't that the raison d'etre of those shows?

Always liked Liam Hatch who is on loan at Darlo at the mo from Peterboro.
Maybe Blackburn or Charles from Aldershot too