• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chester and Simon Davies separate

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another L2 manager jobless

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chester/7721512.stm

Is that 4 so far this season?

ECFC TOM

I feel a bit sorry for him really. A bad start to the season, but I thought they were getting better. Obviously not.

tisdale 1

Resigned
I feel a bit sorry for him really. A bad start to the season, but I thought they were getting better. Obviously not.
TBH it was comming there have been sh*te under him infact i saw on sky sports news yesterday that out of 45 odd games he only won 4 that is a 13% win percentage it is not good enough so he had to go.

David Treharne

I'm afraid that Simon Davies has been in a lose/lose situation since he was appointed. In the first place there was a transfer embargo which hampered his planning for this season, plus the feeling amongst the fans and the Board that he didn't have the required level of managerial experience to do anything to quell the appalling 'in fighting' that has taken place at the Club.
I don't think that I've ever seen a more negative set of message boards than the Chester fans subscribe to. Whilst they're delighted that the old enemy Wrexham have finally been dumped into the Conference there is a considerable expectation that somebody with a large wallet will appear over the horizon to once again attempt a rescue of the Club.
When I asked my frined who is Chester Director "What does the Club need?" his immediate answer was " A sustained period of stability". I don't think that's going to happen.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lucky we played them when we did.The fixture list fell kindly for us that time,unlike the Grimsby match.

MikeB

Anyone remember when he played for City?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anyone remember when he played for City?
I remember him as a very skilful player.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think he was on loan at the park from Man Utd... could have been the same season we had Jim McIntyre too?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I remember rightly when he finished his loan spell with us one of his first games back with Man U was in a CL game at the Nou Camp, Think that was the time of the "3 only" foreigner rule in the CL. Always thought that it was strange, One minute playing at SJP the next playing at Barcelona