• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kelly Pavlik Vs Bernard Hopkins

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I haven't seen the Calzaghe fight yet, came in from town and fell asleep waiting for the fight, eventually woke up at 6am. I have to therefore wait until 12pm for the repeat.

However I have finally watched the above fight this morning, and I can't understand what all the fuss is about with Pavlik. Completely outclassed by a youthful looking Hopkins. For Pavlik to be considered one of the best pound for pound fighters amongst the current crop is ludicrous.

Ok I know Pavlik was stepping up a weight and there were rumours that he was potentially carrying a training injury, but he wasn't worthy of being in the same ring as Hopkins.

Pavlik admittedly has a good chin to withstand some of the blows Hopkins landed on him, although I feel that Hopkins stepped of the gas whenever he was on top. It was a boxing masterclass from Hopkins, who was boxing like it was 1998 and 33 years young, not 2008 and 43 years young.