• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Aussies 2009

Brian Moore

Just got tckts for the one dayer at the Rose Bowl next September - excited already!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Best get in the queue for the Park 'n' Ride now!

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Am going to the first day at Edgbaston next year - £75 each FFS !!!

in 2005, a friend and I saw all 4 days and paid less than £400 for the privelige !!!

By the time I got the Thursday seats, Fri & Sat was already sold out !!

NG

Brian Moore

Best get in the queue for the Park 'n' Ride now!
Accommodation sorted too!

ECFC TOM

For anyone who's going, have a good time. Beat the Aussies in Ashes then go and thrash them in the ODI's. Australia have not been to impressive recently, so lets just hope that Warne doesn't come out of retirement and Lee gets injured, then we have a great chance.

The mighty Grecian

don't forget Australia still have Mitchell Johnson and Stuart Clark ( man of the series in the last ashes)

It will be a lot closer than people think, may be Australia will win it

England haven't exactly set the world on fire have they, they have lost two test series at home over the last two year.

shakey18

Aussies will still be favourites to win, but this time they won't have the luck of having 2 of the greatest ever bowlers of all time in their team at the same time.The loss of Warne and that miserable archetypal Aussie McGrath will seriously affect their ability to retain the Ashes.

ECFC TOM

I can see it being a draw next year, as much as I'd love us to win. Australia haven't replaced the deadly duo therefore will struggle on the bowling front. Hayden has been on poor form of late and Gilchrist and Langer have retired since the last Ashes series, so they will have lack of Ashes experience when batting. Ponting is a match winner as is Stuart Clark. Man, am I looking forward to this.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Clark is definitely McGrath Mk II - rarely goes for more than 2 an over. The rest of the bowling, though, is not up to scratch in my eyes - Brett Lee is over-rated, Johnson hasn't yet shown more than glimpses, while the spin cupboard appears bare without Warne and MacGill.

newburygrecian

Looks like I'll be seeing you there Brian! Looking forward to it already, although I do feel the ODIs should be the warm-up act for the Tests, not the other way round...