• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Performance problems 01/11/08

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Plenty of problems during the match today. With several pauses of up to 5 minutes. Very frustrating for all.

Any ideas as to the problems?

EXMADCITY

Plenty of problems during the match today. With several pauses of up to 5 minutes. Very frustrating for all.

Any ideas as to the problems?
To many Trolls online i reckon

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Once the game had finished, performance seem to be okay. There didn't seem to be too many people connected to Exeweb either.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
I was at the game, so I've no idea what was going on (always going to be a difficulty with managing or moderating a football club forum on matchdays!) but the traffic we get isn't enough to trouble the hosting we are using.

It would be interesting to know how many people had problems, and whether they were all on the same ISP or cable backbone or whatever...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was at the game, so I've no idea what was going on (always going to be a difficulty with managing or moderating a football club forum on matchdays!) but the traffic we get isn't enough to trouble the hosting we are using.

It would be interesting to know how many people had problems, and whether they were all on the same ISP or cable backbone or whatever...
We seem to be from different areas of the country. I'm VirginMedia, previously NTL. There are various comments in the match day thread, though not sure that helps.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have had intermittent problems with EW "freezing" on me for some little time now. This has happened both on my landline (Virgin) and mobile (3) broadband.

Other sites seem ok, so the problem must be with EW I suspect.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
On BT Broadband here & the problems during the match have been like it for a few weeks now.You can tell others are experiencing the slowdown of the website by how few posts you get during that time.Its never for the whole match just 10-15 minutes at a time.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
this often happens during matches. Must be to do with number of people online at one time.

Grecian2K

this often happens during matches. Must be to do with number of people online at one time.
Banning banging_one_off would free up a CONSIDERABLE amount of EW space I'd suggest! ;)

Oli

I thought we were talking about Steve's Mr Droopy?