• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Joey Barton's Courage....!!

Ian Sideman

BBC Sport's website header todays is "Kinnear praises Barton courage".

Apparently Barton showed great courage to step up and take the Newcastle pen last night.

People fighting cancer, oppression and injustice show great courage, not some scroat just of jail for gbh and stil getting paid £60k a week for kicking a football around.

Makes my blood boil.

I always thought that Joe Kinnear was a decent sort of bloke, but this sort of garbage plus the foul mouth rant the other day are making me think otherwise.

Football's so out of line with reality these days, it's beyond a joke.

Rant Over. Going for a cuppa and a lie down. :mad:

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Agree 100% , did you see him patting his chest after his goal.

The blokes a bloody thug.

elginCity

This part of the quote caught my eye...

"Kinnear revealed that Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins had been earmarked to take penalties, but Barton "grabbed hold of it" "

Basically, Barton does what the hell he wants and who's going to argue?

Newcastle Utd have no discipline and are weak, that's what that comment says.

tisdale 1

Resigned
good luck to him i say he has done his time so time people moved on.

DB9

Courage!!! FFS :mad: He took a penalty, Big deal. This is a man who has a history of thuggish behaviour but as always people in the public eye who do wrong have enough people willing to forget their behaviour then all of a sudden they're a hero. And you wonder why society is like it is today when those who people look up to think they're above reproach when they do wrong

ECFC TOM

If Barton broke both of legs and never plays again I'd be glad. The ''man'' is a thug and gives football an even worse name. Courage my arse.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
The opening post is spot on.

Unfortunately like anyone else in this world the guy is getting on with his life, it is a shame that he happens to be in the public eye on a weekely basis. I don't like the guy, but he is getting on with his life like any other thug that still has a job when they get out of prison. However it is ridiculous to suggest that taking the penalty took courage!!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Barton broke both of legs and never plays again I'd be glad. The ''man'' is a thug and gives football an even worse name. Courage my arse.
And a comment like that is really non thug like?

People make mistakes and we move on. I agree with what Alan Shearer said in one of the papers. Give him 1 more chance, if he doesn't take it, then ban him and do whatever. Obviously what he did was awful but people can change.

tisdale 1

Resigned
And a comment like that is really non thug like?

People make mistakes and we move on. I agree with what Alan Shearer said in one of the papers. Give him 1 more chance, if he doesn't take it, then ban him and do whatever. Obviously what he did was awful but people can change.
well said.

Antony Moxey

I thought the thread was going to be about his drinking habits - that's the only way I could imagine the name 'Joey Barton' and the word 'Courage' in the same sentence.