• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Curzon Ashton Directions From Station

MikeB

Thanks to Rob Hurst, team Secretary at Curzon Ashton for the following directions to their ground if you are arriving by train at Ashton-Under Lyne.

Directions to our ground from Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Station
Turn left out of Station and follow road until you come to a set of traffic lights with a Cine World facing you, turn right at these lights and after about 500 yards you will see the ground on your left. The The total time from the Station to our Ground will take approximately 15 minutes.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Moved to away days forum.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
ecfc_girl

Merely a suggestion - cos I know how stressful "moving" can be but there are quite a few helpful individual posts already on the TWoWS "FA Cup replay update" thread as to how to get there, arrangements etc, which, I fear, could well be totally submerged THERE before the game comes around.

Especially in view of the likely confusion of "multiple Ashton syndrome" and (apparently) out of date Google info (SHOCK HORROR!!) perhaps the useful bits might be move here for reference in the near future.

(Although not tonight, obviously!!! :D).

Just a thought

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What about buses? Either from Manchester Piccadilly, or is there somewhere nearer, e.g. Stockport.

Curzon Blue

Thanks to Rob Hurst, team Secretary at Curzon Ashton for the following directions to their ground if you are arriving by train at Ashton-Under Lyne.

Directions to our ground from Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Station
Turn left out of Station and follow road until you come to a set of traffic lights with a Cine World facing you, turn right at these lights and after about 500 yards you will see the ground on your left. The The total time from the Station to our Ground will take approximately 15 minutes.
I think Rob has his watch on the wrong wrist - you need to turn RIGHT out of the station. You will pass IKEA and a Gala Bingo and a Sainsbury's store prior to the Cine World.

Have a safe journey and enjoy your day in Ashton

manc grecian

What about buses? Either from Manchester Piccadilly, or is there somewhere nearer, e.g. Stockport.
There's about 20 buses go to Ashton from Picadilly. 236,237,216 etc.

Or get the metrolink to Victoria and train from there.

As for enjoying your day in Ashton. Good luck with that.

That Guy

There's about 20 buses go to Ashton from Picadilly. 236,237,216 etc.

Or get the metrolink to Victoria and train from there.

As for enjoying your day in Ashton. Good luck with that.
From Ashton Bus Station, look for Ikea (horrible big blue'n'yellow eyesore), head for that, then follow Curzon Blue's directions in a previous post.

If you're hoping for a pre-match drink, Curzon's ground is on the fringe of a large housing estate with no pubs that I can think of. Most pubs are in Ashton town centre or there's a Harvester pub on the same estate as the Cineworld (10 minutes from the ground). Also in the same complex as the Cineworld, you'll find KFC, Chiquitos, Nando's, Frankie & Benny's etc if you're a bit peckish.

Curzon Blue

There is a pub on the estate The March Hare - local smallish pub. There is a bar on the ground, don't know the arrangements for the day though. We have had large crowds (2000+) and coped with no segregation and sold bottles at a separate bottle bar.

Loads of pubs near the station and ample food - but wouldn't recommend Saturday night in Ashton Town Centre!

manc grecian

I saw someone get kicked to death on one of the last times i went out in Ashton.

If anyone is staying the night get yourself down Stalybridge for the night.

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
I saw someone get kicked to death on one of the last times i went out in Ashton.

If anyone is staying the night get yourself down Stalybridge for the night.
Stalyvegas - give over!