• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kissing your badge.....

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Rooney & Joey Barton , have both got bollockings for it this weekend.....

Is there really any harm in it ?....

Rooney back at Everton , showing some passion ? once a blue always a blue manc ?

Watched Ian Wright on goals on sunday yesterday and i agree with him , whats the problem with it ? i love to see a bit of guts of the field just like the old days...

Remeber Buster Phillips infront of the bank ? scoring for the scummers...

it happens.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
And Gary Neville running the whole length of the pitch to kiss his scummy badge infront of the Scouse?? That crossed the line for me. No need.
Yet if he had scored himself and he was next to the Liverpool faithfull, then fair enough.

Antony Moxey

Pointless gesture now. When it's done in front of home fans it's largely an empty gesture and when it's done in front of away fans it's just to try and wind them up. I think it's very little to do with guts and passion these days.

CREDYGRECIAN

Good point Ellis , that was typical Neville though.

People say players should rise above it , but when 40,000 people are giving you abuse for 90 mins is kissing your badge really that much of a responce ?

LammieLammieLammie

I think it depends on the context that players do it. All the examples so for have been about inflammatory incidents that incite.

I hate that.

when Logie did it after the goal at Plainmoor, you could see he meant it.

Joshyd123

I despise players kissing the badge.

Rise above the **** taking or whatever with your head held high, but kissing the badge is totally pointless IMHO.

CREDYGRECIAN

I think it depends on the context that players do it. All the examples so for have been about inflammatory incidents that incite.

I hate that.

when Logie did it after the goal at Plainmoor, you could see he meant it.
Massive shout that....

and your as usuall 100% spot on , Love Logie love the club , you could just feel how proud he was running towards the corner flag then !.

ECFC TOM

I despise players kissing the badge.

Rise above the **** taking or whatever with your head held high, but kissing the badge is totally pointless IMHO.
Especially when the players who kiss their badge usually leave the club a few weeks later, anyway.

It is pointless.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kissing badge infront of the player's home fans - [y]
Kissing badge infront of away fans to entice, depends on the situation...

Last edited:

manc grecian

Most Everton fans got over Rooney leaving ages ago. The best seasons they have had in ages coincided with him leaving and us getting some much needed money.

Of course he is going to get loads of abuse, some of it pretty nasty but when you do things off the field that he has then it's bound to happen.

The fact that he still reacts to that abuse by kissing his badge like that suggests that there is one person who is more upset than everyone else about the way he left the club.

Classless tw*t.