• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northwich Vics electric bill???

exile in wales

todays fa cup match against afc telford united was abandoned because the ref deamed it to dark to play on ,,the cause of this was that they were unable to switch the floodlights on due to haveing their e,ectric cut of because of a bill for £84,000 ,
apparently vics fans were aware of this and many knew that the match would not be finished ,,bucks fans not at all happy...
the below is taken of buckschat ,,,,,
Evening all, to start off i'd like to apologise about todays peculiar events.
I'm sure no supporters today wanted the game to be abandoned in such a way, least of all with a lead at the break.
It's understandable to be distressed due to travelling arrangements and the like and i hope for all of our sakes that at least the entrance fee is at least halved.
Would also like to confirm some points regarding our club which with some of your fans failing to realise has tarred the club, staff and supporters under the same brush as one certain individual.
- We (NVFC 2004 ltd) do not own the victoria stadium, we are merely tennants to the infamous Mike Connett, we pay rent to play there and have a 25 year lease with him and his company that owns the club, Beaconet
- The stadium is seen as one of connetts most valuable assets after several of his previous businesses have gone bankrupt, he is now intent to exploit vics and the supporters through any means possible.
- The current vics consortium, including Jim Rushe, is trying its utmost to purchase the ground of connett, this is to save money on the rent we pay and to avoid the likes of todays events occuring.
- Todays events were nothing to do with Jim Rushe or Northwich Victoria, as tennants to mike connett we expect the ground and facilities to be suitable for events like today and upon arrival today i and other vics supports became aware of teh generator in the corner of the ground. It turns out Connett has not been paying his electric bill and has ran up a debt of supposedly £84,000, this has led to his electricity being cut off and this generator being needed.

We as a club are keen to keep good relations with clubs such as yourselves and would not like that relation to be tarnished due to Connett. As understandable as your frustrations over today are, i feel that Northwich Vics are in no way responsible for whats happened today.
Look on the bright side, we are back at 0-0!!

Last edited:

exile in wales

Disgusting.

I agree.

Their safety officer laughed on the radio and said "being an ex league referee, I know that the rule book states if half the game is completed, then the fans are not entitled to any refunds or tickets."

exile in wales

the Vics "safety" officer?

He said that there was a problem with the main electrcity supply((Er there was none) and that the club "Vics" knew about it since alst week, so had the standby generator "installed" did they even think about testing it before hand under full load?

anyway question has to be why there is no main supply to that stadium or why its been cut off, also on the Radio rumours such as winding up orders on the vics are/have been served i hope not.

exile in wales

The start of the game was delayed as black smoke bellowed over the pitch for perhaps a minute or so, the replacement/repair produced similar smoke about 10 minutes later..THATS WHEN THE GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED OFF !!

Without a doubt Northwich officials knew this game was in doubt before the game wit only Generated electricity after the mains had been cut off on Wednesday with £85 k debt (according to Vics fans).

The Ref/Fourth Offficial/FA Official/Ref Assessor/Safety Officer should have aken actio sooner.....

Heard on the radio disabled fans stuck in lifts, what is a fire had spread/ people/children got caught out or a medical emergency took place with no tannoy/ means of communication...?
The start of the game was delayed as black smoke bellowed over the pitch for perhaps a minute or so, the replacement/repair produced similar smoke about 10 minutes later..THATS WHEN THE GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED OFF !!

Without a doubt Northwich officials knew this game was in doubt before the game wit only Generated electricity after the mains had been cut off on Wednesday with £85 k debt (according to Vics fans).

The Ref/Fourth Offficial/FA Official/Ref Assessor/Safety Officer should have aken actio sooner....

Last edited:

exile in wales

Attachments

Newtonpop

Don't see any problem here other than putting Telford in the draw tomorrow. Northwich should be kicked out of the competition. FA should start stronging it against ALL club's.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has he been exiled in Wales that long that he speaks to himself now?