• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Belarus 1 - 3 England

Mackster

4 games, 4 wins.

Well England look like a football team again under Capello. We're now playing with good movement and he knows when to change tactics. Still not totally convinced by the midfield, I think Hargreaves is the missing link, but Rooney and Heskey look great together. Its telling that when we had Sven in his last couple of years and McClown we only ever looked like scoring from set pieces, but now we have a real threat from open play.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

Poultice

Who on earth would look to discuss an England game on there, that looks like a clique outing announcement to me.

People have started crediting Crapello with the change in Rooney which is the big difference, he is our only world class player.

I hate the idea of Lamps, Gerry and Rooney in the same side cos they are not nearly bright enough to avoid getting in each others way, but Belarus are exactly the sort of side which should have shown up any deficiencies in our midfield. Word on the streets suggests we improved dramatically when we upped the tempo, hardly rocket science.

4 out of 4, scoring goals, picking up points, maybe the group isn't as strong as some of the others, but you have to take what you are given.

Mackster

Then I guess you better go and get the thread put over here!

Poultice

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_4337595,00.html?ocid=today

I think that says pretty much everything I have ever thought about international, or for that matter club management. There is no mystique, all you need is someone in charge who won't take any crap from the overpaid divots.

Breaks my heart the way so many ordinary people invest so much in the clubs and national teams yet the players are in general just a bunch of t*ssers interested only in their own image.

Antony Moxey

Who on earth would look to discuss an England game on there, that looks like a clique outing announcement to me.
Looks like a simple invitation to watch the game with fellow City fans.

Mackster

A great article. I know a lot didn't want another foreign manager, but Capello had exactly the same situation when he took over at Real Madrid and he was the ideal man to sort out the egotism around the England squad. Brolley Boy looks more inept by the day.

Poultice

Looks like a simple invitation to watch the game with fellow City fans.
So hardly a thread discussing the game itself then.

Antony Moxey

It was beginning to.

Poultice

It was beginning to.
Well I hope that it is doing better than this one which started with a whimper and went downhill from there.