• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Half term work parties

Gurkha Boy

During the half term week we are organising two work parties the details of which are as follows:

Date: Wednesday 29 October
Timings: 0930 - 1600

Work to be done: Cleaning up after the previous evenings game v Chesterfield and some painting organised by Yeovil Grecian.

Date: Thursday 30 October
Timings: 0930 – 1530

Work to be done: In conjunction with our friends from the Grumbleweeds clearing the bank of the stream to the South of the site of undergrowth and trees. You will need old clothes and suitable footwear as the area could be very muddy.

As at all work parties food and drink will be provided.

I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
How deep is the stream and how fast flowing is it?

TOP_CITY_FAN

I'll be at the one at SJP but not sure about the one at Cat & Fiddle :D

Gurkha Boy

How deep is the stream and how fast flowing is it?

Depends on the weather!!

What we are cutting is on our side of the stream so we shouldn't be going into or crossing it. The work party is intended to drag clear and stack the material cut by our "professional" chain saw operators.

Antony Moxey

Just wondered as we have a pair of waders at work and I thought it might be easier to stand in the stream and work from there rather than scrambling down a bank.

Gurkha Boy

Thanks for the offer. I'll ask if they would be of use and come back to you.

manc grecian

How far from Jonahs shanks will we be? Will i need a hard hat?

I may be able to make both of them.

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
May be able to help out at some point as I am on leave that week

CJ

Hope to make both of them. I'll have to get the bus to the C&F unless any nice Exewebbers could offer a lift!

Gurkha Boy

Just a reminder that we will be running 2 work partys this week.

On Wednesday there will be one taking place at SJP from 0930. We will be cleaning up after the previous nights game v Chesterfield plus there is an amount of painting to do. With a bumper crowd expected and another game on Saturday we need all the help we can get to clean up the ground. We will be having the usual post match clean up after the game on Tuesday so if you can't make the Wednesday work party could I ask you to stay behind for 10 or 15 minutes to help then.

On Thursday we will be working at the Cat & Fiddle, again from 0930, with our friends from the Grumbleweeds cutting back the hedges and undergrowth on the South side of the ground. Good stout footwear and gloves are essential.

Lunch and drinks will be provided on both days and I would appreciate it if you could let me know if you are coming so I can cater accordingly.