• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Kids for free? - Don't bet on it !

lemonardo

For those of you lucky enough to pick up the 2008/09 Fixture Poster at SJP you will notice a voucher at the bottom saying that you can bring a kid in for free with a full paying adult.

I've emailed the Club 2 weeks ago asking what we have to do - no reply - so took the voucher to the Gillingham Game the other week.

They were rather ruffled by this, explaining that the whole thing was a big financial mistake (some 6,000 copies worth of a mistake!!) They then tried to tell me that I wasn't a full paying adult cos I was a season-ticket holder (!!!) ....eventually and very grudgingly they took the voucher but said it couldn't be for the game that afternoon but would sort it for the Grimsby game.

Anyone tried this? - I bring now my 6 year old to SJP who loves it, so it was a bonus to read about this voucher, but it seems it is not all it is cracked up to be !!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
For those of you lucky enough to pick up the 2008/09 Fixture Poster at SJP you will notice a voucher at the bottom saying that you can bring a kid in for free with a full paying adult.

I've emailed the Club 2 weeks ago asking what we have to do - no reply - so took the voucher to the Gillingham Game the other week.

They were rather ruffled by this, explaining that the whole thing was a big financial mistake (some 6,000 copies worth of a mistake!!) They then tried to tell me that I wasn't a full paying adult cos I was a season-ticket holder (!!!) ....eventually and very grudgingly they took the voucher but said it couldn't be for the game that afternoon but would sort it for the Grimsby game.

Anyone tried this? - I bring now my 6 year old to SJP who loves it, so it was a bonus to read about this voucher, but it seems it is not all it is cracked up to be !!
This came up a while ago, so too did the whole bring a guest voucher in the season tickets (you've seen that have you? Right at the back with the vouchers). It was said that such vouchers cannot be redeemed on matchday which to me is insane as the admin involved is surely minimal. I also resent you being told you aren't a full-paying adult, the fact that you've a season ticket means you have paid, they didnt give it you free of charge!!!

It needs sorting

tisdale 1

Resigned
I have used them a few times what you have to do if the game is on a saturday you have to go up on the thursday to get the ticket for some reason.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have Exewebs regulars who are 'inside' the club ignored this thread on purpose or are they just busy at work?

footymum

Are these the ones that came inside the free local newspaper (Exeter Times I think it's called)? If so, I have used them a couple of times. It does state clearly on there that they cannot be exchanged for tickets on matchdays, which I agree does seem insane, but it's not too bad for me as I can just pop along on my day off. Right pain if you don't live in Exeter though.

Lister

Sorry, but looking at one now and it does say, quite clearly, that a child gets a free ticket if you go up at least 2 days before a game and an adult buys a ticket.

As far as I know plenty of people have used them. I think it's aimed at getting new people to the park, not at giving a regular a free childs place (hence, supposedly, you having to give your name and address on the voucher).

Lister

Lister

Are these the ones that came inside the free local newspaper (Exeter Times I think it's called)? If so, I have used them a couple of times. It does state clearly on there that they cannot be exchanged for tickets on matchdays, which I agree does seem insane, but it's not too bad for me as I can just pop along on my day off. Right pain if you don't live in Exeter though.
The idea is probably that you only get one per household (although you can give a false address of course) hence the name and address collection. I expect a condition of the voucher is to receive promotional material as well.

Yeovilgrecian

It does state clearly on there that they cannot be exchanged for tickets on matchdays, which I agree does seem insane
Not that insane, what would happen if say 1000 people turned up around 2.15pm trying to get their free tickets, it would be absolute carnage and I wouldn't even want to think about the bad press that would bring. The club need to manage any ticket promotion like this very carefully think of the repercussions if too many people want to sit in the Doble too many tickets are sold and Ant Moxey finds a little herb sat in his seat!

footymum

The idea is probably that you only get one per household (although you can give a false address of course) hence the name and address collection. I expect a condition of the voucher is to receive promotional material as well.
Why would I need to give a false address? It says nothing on the voucher at all about only being able to attend one game a season.

footymum

Not that insane, what would happen if say 1000 people turned up around 2.15pm trying to get their free tickets, it would be absolute carnage and I wouldn't even want to think about the bad press that would bring. The club need to manage any ticket promotion like this very carefully think of the repercussions if too many people want to sit in the Doble too many tickets are sold and Ant Moxey finds a little herb sat in his seat!
I was really thinking of the people living outside of Exeter who would have to come all the way into Exeter in the middle of the week just to pick up tickets, then came all the way in again for the match. I agree though, does have to be managed carefully.