• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How is Bertie doing?

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
I haven't seen our Gallic friend play this season and I'm not his biggest fan in the first place. In fact I'm not even really in the 'he does a job' camp.

However, Tis has started playing him in L2 and I was wondering what people thought of him at this higher level...

LammieLammieLammie

No surprises from this city fan...

OK, He isn't starting, but he's involved.

Bertie is Bertie. :D

He does a job.

Last edited:

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've seen him a couple of times for the reserves, where he has really got stuck in. The comparison between him & Manny the Panther couldn't be more striking. Bertie is where he is because of his attitude. Panther is where he is because of his attitude.

btw - mrs jambo is inordinately pleased that Bertie is playing

Yeovilgrecian

Quite an informative reply from Gozzer on post 7, 'three man midfield would be a mistake'. The rest is pretty spot on though.

Bertie will play his bit part this season, one of the main reasons he is still here is his all round attitude suits a Tisdale squad.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Dont rate him , but he seems to be doing a steady job.

And after all we wouldnt be the same without his Raleigh Grifter.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Dont rate him , but he seems to be doing a steady job.
Precisely.

It's irrelevant really whether any of us rate him or not. I am sure Tis knows exactly what Bertie's stengths and weaknesses are and, when called upon to do a specific job for the squad, he does it.

In the meantime, if he sits on the bench - or doesn't even make it - he neither whinges nor throws his toys out of the pram.

Bertie is an asset...Bertie is an asset...la la la la...la la la la.... ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'll save myself a bit of time and say, I agree with whatever t.a.f.a.g.g says later on in the thread. :D

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Well said Hants... We were veering towards Bertie Bashing, but I think it's been averted, thank God.

Tisdale picks the team, he's doing a great job of that currently - There is no reason for concern regarding any player currently.

Bertie 'est en gargantuan de l'equipe du football

ECFC TOM

I've only seen him play about 20 minutes this season, but I wouldn't be concerned if he was in the first team like t.a.f.k.a.g.g. said.

manc grecian

He's okay when we are winning. If we lose I will be giving it him both barrels.