• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So our Youth Developement System has gone to the dogs?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I couldnt help but notice that Mike Radford is no longer listed as Youth Developement Officer at St James, but is simply now refered to as Football Secretary. Couple that with the fact that one of our most repected posters refered to the system as "crap" these days, and I ask myself, what exactly is happening in that department?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
our U-18's recently beat those of an established Championship side*, so can't be all bad

* who happened to be Plymouth Argyle[y][ecfc][party]

Last edited:

tisdale 1

Resigned
It is still going strong run by ex-players and some great youth team coaches. raddy has got a higher based job with the club now.
with football league funding in place aswell i think we can only get stronger in that department.

Fareham Grecian

If I follow what you mean, I don't think he referred to the system as crap, just the information he was given. The results of our Youth policy can be seen in our current performance levels, but then you wouldn't be able to tell from that distance would you, you moaning minnie??

PS Jones was MOTM for me yesterday.

PPS Do you spell 'development' differently in the States too?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
"Couple that with the fact that one of our most repected posters refered to the system as "crap" these days, and I ask myself, what exactly is happening in that department?"

To what are you referring to Pete? I do not get the impression that our Youth Development System has "gone to the Dogs" at all. In fact quite the opposite. There are some issues that need to be addressed from an internal club communication point of view (something that I am keen to rectify), but I would hardly say that this reflects on the quality of our Youth Development.

Jim Shepherd

Mike replaced Sally Cooke as the football secretary.

He has a very strong administrative background and was more than qualified to take over the role.

Ask Mansfield, Altrincham etc how important this work can be.

If you think it's gone to the dogs why don't you email Simon Hayward from the link on the website and ask him what the hell is going on?

Jim Shepherd

To what are you referring to Pete?
I think it may have been on the kids football thread where one or two posters, Antony M was one IIRC, weren't enamoured by some of the communication from the club after some coaching sessions had been run.

PeteUSA

Having re-read the comment, it appears I stand corrected. I took the comment "info coming out of the Youth Sceme and the C of E is total crap now" as an overview of the system in general. Apologies therefore to anyone who's upset themselves.

It would still be interesting to know the framework of the system since Raddy's gone.

Antony Moxey

If you think it's gone to the dogs why don't you email Simon Hayward from the link on the website and ask him what the hell is going on?
Cos you'd be lucky to get a reply.

Fareham Grecian

What is it they say? When you're in a hole, stop digging?