• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Our next manager.

old and grey

I have said this before, but the more often i see Basham, the more i think he will become a manager in the next 3 or 4 years, and if so, why not for us.
I sat down with Satanta tonight to watch Torquay put in a fairly average performance to get a point against Oxford, but was struck by Bashams summarys, which sounded like a manager in waiting.He is articulate, knowledgeable, and seems to tick the boxes for the lower divisions ideas of hungry young managers with a good playing backgound, and a media friendly attitude.

I also wondered how much he was paid tonight for his work.£150 is my guess, anybody else who watched have any comments.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought the same! Sort of. I thought to myself he'd make a very good coach.

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
He speaks a lot of sense but i can't really see him as a manager in the future. Would make a good coach IMO.

DevonSent

Is is the norm for pro footballers to be commentating/summarising on Setanta? Does anyone know why Bash was picked for this?

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Local, former club?

Leroy normally does it though and Buckle was doing it at Stevenage so it kind of blows that theory out of the window.

grecian2005

maybe because he's Ex Oxford and it isnt far for him to travel?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I thought he came across fairly poorly. Fairly formulaic response, with very little substance as a commentary on the game. And blundered. Saying Yeoman came through their academy was an embarrassing error when it had been said that he had been signed and when we all know that Torquay don't do youth (this is their first season with a proper youth squad for years).

old and grey

This isn't the first time he has done this, i am sure it is because he comes over really well on TV.

DevonSent

But obviously Leroy and Buckle are not players. Just seems strange to hear that a playing (ie not injured) pro would be asked to summarise, especially down at the recent rivals.
Oh well, who knows, maybe he will be on here in a bit to explain!!

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
This isn't the first time he has done this, i am sure it is because he comes over really well on TV.
He did it at Wembley too IIRC