• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Director's box draw

GJW

Could the winner and near misses for each game be published on here when the draw is made? I can't see (apart from up to the last home game) who the lucky recipients are. Thanks.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
The winners are usually put on the site, but I would be only too happy to pit the full draw up here after the event.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
What is the point of near misses? Why not just draw one, then if they are non-contactable draw the next and try them?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oli. This is pretty much what we do. If someone is uncontactable, we re-draw!

Oli

Oli. This is pretty much what we do. If someone is uncontactable, we re-draw!
Really? Then how come a list of 10 people are produced each time?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I would have thought that the people doing the draw and the person contacting (isn't it Neil Le M?) are in different places, and as such would cut down on the logistics to draw the 10 then let Neil get on with it - rather than drawing one, Neil being unable to get hold of them or they turn it down, then having to go back to draw another name?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
A list of 10 are drawn. Is that not the same thing as re-drawing? afterall, all the 10 in the list are drawn randomly (from a random number generator). I suppose I could do it one at a time if people think that would be best?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
In answer to Jason, I do the draw and then forward on to Neil Le Millier who contacts people.

Oli

A list of 10 are drawn. Is that not the same thing as re-drawing?
No it is not.

afterall, all the 10 in the list are drawn randomly (from a random number generator). I suppose I could do it one at a time if people think that would be best?
My question is, why publish the people who were drawn but not contacted?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I guess it's nice to know who was in the running - I'd certainly like it if my name was on the list (never been drawn yet - grrrrr!).