• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Andy Bishop

londonboy80

scored again last night for Bury in their 1 nil win v Stockport - how are we going to cope with this guy on Saturday - should we man mark him? He's on a hot streak at the moment and from what i've seen is not only a good finisher but can really strike a ball as well. I wonder how Bury have kept hold of him for so long as he seems to score a lot of goals every season. This should be a real test for Matty T and Dan Seaborne - right now would gladly take a draw

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
I doubt that the team will have to make any allowances for one particularly good player. Bishop won't be able to do much if he doesn't have the ball and City's play this season has been very much about possession.

Out of interest, was it a full strength Stockport team that lost at Gigg Lane last night? You can't always set much store by these JP matches, as the Wycombe 0 Shrewsbury 7 scoreline suggests!

manc grecian

I'd hope we man mark most of the strikers we play against.

I hope we go up there and attack from the off.

LammieLammieLammie

Didn't he get the winner against us last year? At least we have the advantage of having played against him before....

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Excellent player at this level , certainly there danger man.

Keep him quiet and i fancy 3 more points.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Trust in Tis I say - something we have become very good at is snuffing out the threat of the strikers - did Morison ever get a sniff last season for Stevenage against us, for example?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Morison is crap IMO Thats why.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
30-goal striker though. OK then, how about Fleetwood in the away match? Again didn't get a sniff.

Gozzer

I suspect that Burt will have a bit more to them than Andy Bishop's goals. They could prove hard to break down themselves.

Elton White

5 of our goals have been scored by defenders this season in the league. We've got 2 fantastic partners for Bishop in Andy Morrell (just signed from Blackpool) and Glynn Hurst.
Also, we've only let in 2 at home this season up to now, but my biggest point on this thread is that we went to Chesterfield and won 1-3, and Bishop wasn't even on the bench.
We're no 1 man team, very hard to break down and there's goals and assists coming from every area of the team.
Aldershot was a bit of a flook, but we put that to bed last night when we beat a very good Stockport team.