• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Shrewsbury hit seven again!

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I expect everyone has seen this result, but what the devil...........? Shrewsbury hit seven past WYCOMBE tonight in the JPT,AWAY from home, with Holt getting 5 of them. How the deuce do they do it? Let's face it when we played them at home in both the JPT and the league, we were seriously robbed! On those two performances alone, I fail to see how they manage to hit 7 twice already this season. They weren't that good were they?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Beat me to it. Incredible result.

Poultice

General inconsistency mixed with abject performances seems to be the rule in this league. The Shrews have got fire power to burn but seem to fire once a month, Bradford ate us alive then got easily beaten by Bournemouth who up until then had been dire.

What it probably means is that anybody capable of putting together a decent run of results can get up, we have snuck up into the PO zone without really setting the world on fire, all good in my book.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Holt; I've got him in my telegraph fantasy footy team; why can't he do that in a league game :( He has got me 39 points over the 9 games though; would have been more but he's also had 4 yellows; another one and he's suspended; so may have to take him out before long :cool:

Grecian_In_Exile

According to BBC sport Holt is suspended this saturday; I thought it had to be 5 yellows for a 1 match ban? Dare I bring in Mr Bishop? :)

grecIAN Harris

I expect everyone has seen this result, but what the devil...........? Shrewsbury hit seven past WYCOMBE tonight in the JPT,AWAY from home, with Holt getting 5 of them. How the deuce do they do it? Let's face it when we played them at home in both the JPT and the league, we were seriously robbed! On those two performances alone, I fail to see how they manage to hit 7 twice already this season. They weren't that good were they?
The answer is very simple ET. When they build themselves a strong base, ie being 3-0 up at half time against a team ready to be roasted, they carry on and attacking and not sit back and soak up unnnecersery pressure. Know where I'm coming from?;)

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
The answer is very simple ET. When they build themselves a strong base, ie being 3-0 up at half time against a team ready to be roasted, they carry on and attacking and not sit back and soak up unnnecersery pressure. Know where I'm coming from?;)
perfectly Ian, perfectly! I was expecting a couple more at least myself! :D

Max Payne 2

Watch Shrews lose their next one 1-0. That's how it goes.

Grecian_In_Exile

According to BBC sport Holt is suspended this saturday; I thought it had to be 5 yellows for a 1 match ban? Dare I bring in Mr Bishop? :)
OK done some research and found it; Grant was also booked against Carlisle in the League Cup making 5. Looks like I'll have to bring Bishop in; that should stop him scoring against us on Saturday ;)

tisdale 1

Resigned
good result but wycombe cant of been trying there top of the league FFS!