• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

the forgotten striker

BIG DADDY

feel a bit sorry for bash, important member of the team last year and did great deal to get us to where we are today,i suppose that's the beauty of having a good squad,looking at saturday's bench it looked balanced and the only person under threat would be watson ,but he's done nothing wrong, what do you think out there

pelsey

You can shove your stone island up your arse, this
Bash should definately be given his chance, but everyone has been playing very well recently, so he's just going to have to wait until an opportunity comes his way.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Added to that you wonder how long McAllister will be out of the matchday squad after completing his suspension. You can't have three strikers on the bench can you?!

Grecian_Harryj

I think we have had this conversation a lot, but anyway i have watched a few reserve matches and indeed Basham should get a chance, but on Stansfield's good run and Logie's first goal with Stewert putting in endless effort it almost seems as though Tis doesn't seem to want to change things around, he is a very talented player who always seems to get a good amount of assists, when he is playing.

Last edited:

BIG DADDY

Added to that you wonder how long McAllister will be out of the matchday squad after completing his suspension. You can't have three strikers on the bench can you?!
think tis has got it right with one striker on the bench, and the players on the bench at the moment look the right ones , just hope he can keep everyone happy

Phil Sayers

Bash is quality and on talent and form deserves more than the 10(?) minutes he has had so far this season. Although I do accept that this argument weakens by the game now that everything is clicking at the top.

If anyone fancies PM'ing me with what might or might not have happened behind the scenes pre-season it would be greatly appreciated.

(thinks to himself that if you do ask you probably won't get but if you don't ask you certainly won't get :))

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

It's a tricky one isn't it? If the current side (and bench) are doing the business then those not in the squad will just have to live with it. Given a 7-1 aggregate over the last two games, it's difficult to see Tis swapping things around too much.

I guess the other lads will just have to bide their time and keep putting the effort in on the training pitch and in the reserves until their time comes.

LammieLammieLammie

think tis has got it right with one striker on the bench, and the players on the bench at the moment look the right ones , just hope he can keep everyone happy
There is no way he will keep everybody happy, they all want to play. Tis told us once on the show that he gives as much thought to his bench as he does the team that start the games, and sometimes players are really close to starting a game, but don't make the bench.

Pick the bones out of that one!

ECFC JP

Yeah he has been a bit being left out and all. I think tiz has gone off him a bit.

Lyme Grecian

Am sure Bash will have a part to play this season, we aint played 10
games yet.
Tis often brings a player back into the team when you least expect it
like Cozic at Bradford, would'nt surprise me if Bash started on sat.