• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harley in demand

GeraintJones

I have just started out doing a Sports Writing course at Southampton Solent University, as part of the course we held a press conference today with a football agent called Neil Sillett, it was a fascinating hour or so that we spent questioning him in which he gave a small insight into the world of a football agent. Duing the session I mentioned to him that I was an Exeter City fan and that we had been attracting an increasing number of scouts and agents to the park looking at some of our young talent and to my surprise he replied by saying that he had been too see us twice this season and that he was tracking the progress of a certain Mr Ryan Harley!. I did my best to warn him off trying to get Ryan a move away but I got the strong impression that he rated him very highly and was keen to make him a client. He also said that he was friends with Steve Tully and that he had met harly through him. It looks as though Harley is in demand and a January move is a probability.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have just started out doing a Sports Writing course at Southampton Solent University, as part of the course we held a press conference today with a football agent called Neil Sillett, it was a fascinating hour or so that we spent questioning him in which he gave a small insight into the world of a football agent. Duing the session I mentioned to him that I was an Exeter City fan and that we had been attracting an increasing number of scouts and agents to the park looking at some of our young talent and to my surprise he replied by saying that he had been too see us twice this season and that he was tracking the progress of a certain Mr Ryan Harley!. I did my best to warn him off trying to get Ryan a move away but I got the strong impression that he rated him very highly and was keen to make him a client. He also said that he was friends with Steve Tully and that he had met harly through him. It looks as though Harley is in demand and a January move is a probability.
A probability? Really? You've said this guy wants to make Harley a client, therefore does that mean he currently doesn't have an agent? In which case, when the guy says he is 'in demand' does that mean that agents are fighting for his signature? Getting an agent is a long way from being transferred...

rogerc

I think that Neil Sillett is the son of former Chelsea (and twice England) full back from the late 1950's early 60's, Peter Sillett.
I have some happy memories of Peter, when as a 12/13 year old I used to go with some friends to see Chelsea. As kids we always went up (from Epsom) very early and most times shared a carriage with Peter, who smoked several ciggies on the way. How the pre-match prep has changed over the years. Come to that, so has the cash. Can you imagine any current Premiership player going to work by train and underground?

tisdale 1

Resigned
well if he goes hopefully jon yems and tis are out looking for players to come in and force there way into the squad and with them two at the helm i really feel we can get better players from the lower leagues and turn them into ryan harleys or better.

And with steve perryman and taggy doing the bussiness we can make a mint from sales with sell on bits and bobs as well.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shock horror - hold the front page: lower league player does well so scouts and agents come sniffing. Who'd have thought it?

triumph

Neil Sillett is the son of John Sillett the former Chelsea, Coventry and Gargoyle player who went on to win the FA cup as manager of Coventry beating the Spurs. Neil was also at Coventry, as a physio I think, and also managed Farnborough for a while including a game at SJP

GeraintJones

Shock horror - hold the front page: lower league player does well so scouts and agents come sniffing. Who'd have thought it?
Im not saying I was surprised that he was being scouted just that i was surprised that of all the agents there must be in the game, the one i saw had been watching a player from our club.

GeraintJones

Neil Sillett is the son of John Sillett the former Chelsea, Coventry and Gargoyle player who went on to win the FA cup as manager of Coventry beating the Spurs. Neil was also at Coventry, as a physio I think, and also managed Farnborough for a while including a game at SJP
yeah he spoke about his time at Farnborough, 5 games no wins and no less than 19 conceeded.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
'Twas at the height of their problems with Higgins/Turberville, if my memory serves.

Shortround

my brother is friends with a scout for brighton who now lives in crewe & covers the north west for them & the bloke was asked to go & have a look at harley against macclesfield! as expected he was impressed & they sent another scout down for the gillingham game!