• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Exeter Uni Wed 8th Oct 7.30 for an excellent cause

AHAT

I wanted to give a plug for this Wednesday nights game when Exeter City are taking on Exeter University in a charity game at St Jame's park in aid of the Cardiomyopathy Association Charity. The Uni football team began raising money for this charity due to the untimely and sudden death of football club member Mike Polden in the summer of 2001. After successfully completing his first year in sports science at St. Luke's, he suffered a shock heart attack and later it was confirmed that he had been suffering from cardiomyopathy. Mike was a popular club member and a keen enthusiast of all sports, if he wasn’t out playing sport you could always find him in the Cross Keys enjoying a drink with friends.
As well as being for a great cause it should be an excellent match - the Exeter University team have been doing very well recently in the British University Championships and they are facing a strong Exeter line up. I am told this is the expected Exeter City team for Wednesday is:

1 Nick JORDAN
2 Ronnie BULL
3 Freddie MURRAY
4 Liam SERCOMBE c
5 Jack OBERSTELLER
6 Scott BENNETT
7 Steve BASHAM
8 Berti COZIC
9 Ben WATSON
10 Craig McALLISTER
11 Chris SHEPHARD

The kick off it 7.30 and it will cost £4 on the door, all proceeds to Charity. Under 16 get in free with a paying adult. Be there is you can be!

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have to admit I never knew about Mike.

Coincidentally I myself suffered heart failure from dilated cardiomyopathy in the summer of 2001. Fortunately I was one of the lucky ones and still around to tell the tale.

Owing to prior commitments I won't be able to be at the match tomorrow night but I hope it goes well and there's a good attendance.

ianaplincorners

match thread - v Exeter University!

Must be the latest a thread has been started or have I missed something?

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
You missed something. It was just over on page two.....................sigh.

The kick off it 7.30 and it will cost £4 on the door, all proceeds to Charity. Under 16 get in free with a paying adult. Be there is you can be!
Went along tonight to support the club and the charity, got to the gate and they (Uni students) denied that kids under 16 were free and wanted £8 for me and my12 year old daughter to get in. Even the ECFC Stewards said that the Uni could charge what they like as it was their night! Normally I would of payed without a fuss, however as I only had a fiver on me, that was not an option so I left more than a little annoyed:mad: I realise I could have simply walked down the road to a cashpoint but the fact is the ECFC official web site and the OP here clearly states under 16's free with a paying adult. so I guess it was on principal I turned around and came home.

cityno1ledgend

score updates?

grecIAN Harris

Went along tonight to support the club and the charity, got to the gate and they (Uni students) denied that kids under 16 were free and wanted £8 for me and my12 year old daughter to get in. Even the ECFC Stewards said that the Uni could charge what they like as it was their night! Normally I would of payed without a fuss, however as I only had a fiver on me, that was not an option so I left more than a little annoyed:mad: I realise I could have simply walked down the road to a cashpoint but the fact is the ECFC official web site and the OP here clearly states under 16's free with a paying adult. so I guess it was on principal I turned around and came home.
Typical bloody students expecting the tax payer to pay for their night out.

Joshyd123

Has Tisdale scouted anyone yet? ;)

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone go? Any score? Who played?

loobygrecian

Just had a text to say City won 3-1 but thats not certain though.....