• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bury - Liquid Refreshments

bumble1976

Looking up optimistically...unless I get depressed
My first trip to Gigg Lane approaching fast and I need the expertise of the exewebbers to guide me to a suitable pre-match watering hole where City fans will be congregating.

My mates and I are staying over in Manchester, so will be getting the tram up to there - does anyone know how long it takes.

I'd be grateful for any assistance on the above questions!

ecfc2000

My first trip to Gigg Lane approaching fast and I need the expertise of the exewebbers to guide me to a suitable pre-match watering hole where City fans will be congregating.

My mates and I are staying over in Manchester, so will be getting the tram up to there - does anyone know how long it takes.

I'd be grateful for any assistance on the above questions!
I think this will be better placed on the Bury fans forum.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've normally just gone in the social club. Although I did go in a pub round the corner last year as some latecomers couldn't get into the SC.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
25 minutes from Piccadilly Gardens, less than 30 minutes from Piccadilly Station (trams every 5-10 minutes). Then a 10 minute walk to the ground

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
We've normally just gone in the social club. Although I did go in a pub round the corner last year as some latecomers couldn't get into the SC.
Happy days. One in, one out.

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Happy days. One in, one out.

Recalls turning up at their social club in not the best of moods and had lost count of the amount of dummies i spat out on the way! :D Not making the trip this year!

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not going either as I have to work.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I should be making the trip to Gigg Lane this year following a failed attempt last season. Am looking forward to the Pie, Peas and Gravy this year. I hear Brenda's place does the best pies around! What says you cityblue?

Elton White

Hello guys,
Bury fan here. Just registered to fill you in about what to do 'pre-match'.
The answer is...anything!!!
We're a realy friendly club, and you won't get any crap from anyone, to be honest.
As far as pubs go, come from Bury town center towards Gigg lane (follow signs for Manchester or the football club) and stick to anything on your left.
I go in the Waterloo before games and you'll be more than welcome to join me. They do bar food - the home cut chip muffins are the best and only a quid.
There are loads of bars in the town center, but if you don't fancy the Waterloo, walk further towards Gigg lane and you've got the Staff of Life and the Pack Horse next to each other.
The more local teams (Stockport, Macclesfield etc) tend to chose the Swan and Cemetry, but that's about 15 minutes walk past Gigg lane from the town center, so I wouldn't bother.
Anyway, I was knackered after the Aldershot game on Saturday, so I feel sorry for you lot having to come all this way.
Win, lose or draw, lets just hope we have a good game.

Elton White

p.s.....If you've got any more questions about Bury, post them on this thread and I'll do my best to answer.