• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

We love you Tisdale, do we?

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was very pleased to hear this chanted loudly and proudly by the Big Bank yesterday. It is certainly the first time I can remember a pro-Tisdale song really take off although there have been attempts in the past. For me it was noticeable last season that when singing the 'up the Football Leagues we go' song the line about Tisdale being our king was muted, muttered or mumbled.

Is it safe to say that, for the time being, the crowd are finally convinced by him? I think so and not before time. Even the somewhat 'dimmer' elements of our support now understand that just because he doesn't jump up and down, scream instructions or give memorable radio interviews doesn't mean he doesn't know what he is doing.

Speaking of which after that episode against Kiddy Tisdale said he felt insulted by the fans. Does anyone know (or would like to hazard a guess) how he felt yesterday? I would guess very pleased but also ruefully reflecting on the fickle nature of football fans.

Not many managers, having had the success that he has had, would not have had any chants sung about them after this amount of time.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Im sure we sung a song about Neil McNab??? :cool:

ECFC TOM

I sung that song loud and proud. Tisdale will no doubt appreciate it like he always does with our fans. The quieter he goes about his business the better IMO.

Phil Sayers

Indeed McNab did although not a complimentary one!

Most managers have had their own songs. Witness 'Eamo' and 'AI's Red and White Army' and neither manager (although both very important in our rebirth) did what Tisdale has done. It could be as simple as his name not scanning well but I think it is more a case of the crowd couldn't decide whether they liked him or not (and leaning towards the latter whenever things weren't going well) until May.

Last edited:

tisdale 1

Resigned
TBH it is long overdue we now need to get a proper good tisdale own chant up and running any ideas?

ECFC TOM

I liked the George Friend ''Agadoo'' song.

I'm sure something could be worked out.

Joshyd123

I also sang "We love you Tisdale, we do!" loud and proud yesterday.

Great idea and hopefully will be continued :)

Oli

do do do do F*cking Useless

Joshyd123

do do do do F*cking Useless
Doo Doo Doo Doo, F*cking Pointless. ;)

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

I would guess very pleased but also ruefully reflecting on the fickle nature of football fans.
I spoke to his Pop about this, and he said that Tis has been around long enough to know that "some" fans are incredibly fickle. However, he said was really moved by the reception he got from the fans at Wembley when he lifted the cup up, and also at the turn out at the parade..