• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Apologies from Gillingham

Ex-Mascot

As a Gills fan living in Exeter, I would like to apologise for the rubbish you were forced to play against yesterday. Don't get me wrong, City were superb (the best I've seen them play in four outings this season) and worthy winners but we were absolutely dire. It was embarassing.

What I found more upsetting was the behaviour of one of our "fans" sat in the OG next to a school party (I think) of 10 year olds. Kids will be kids and so I quite understand them getting excited when City are are doing well, but this "adult" seemed to take it personally. He was very abusive, his language was disgusting (and those who know me will tell you I'm no angel), and at one point he offered them all out for a fight! He finally shut up when the stewards had a word (far too late in my book, and I'd have thrown him out) and his equally pathetic mate then started.

Sorry

tisdale 1

Resigned
dont worry about it we all know the stewards up SJP are pretty sh*te but we wont go into that one!

as for playing sh*te at least they wont go down.....this year

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
As a Gills fan living in Exeter, I would like to apologise for the rubbish you were forced to play against yesterday. Don't get me wrong, City were superb (the best I've seen them play in four outings this season) and worthy winners but we were absolutely dire. It was embarassing.

What I found more upsetting was the behaviour of one of our "fans" sat in the OG next to a school party (I think) of 10 year olds. Kids will be kids and so I quite understand them getting excited when City are are doing well, but this "adult" seemed to take it personally. He was very abusive, his language was disgusting (and those who know me will tell you I'm no angel), and at one point he offered them all out for a fight! He finally shut up when the stewards had a word (far too late in my book, and I'd have thrown him out) and his equally pathetic mate then started.

Sorry
Just out of sheer curiosty, do you live in Mount Pleasant Road? Have seen a car with a Gills car sticker in the back window, up that way.

Last edited:

Ex-Mascot

OMG Looby - you mean there's two of us!

No, I'm a St Thomas bauy

Jimmydee

Thanks for the apology mate, got to say for us it was nice to beat a well established league 1/2 team.
I thought your back line were really poor. Very slow and got turned very easily.
In the second half we eased up alot so you did get a few more chances.
What i noticed 2nd half was that your back four tried to pass it around like us but they were doing it so deep and keep mis-placing the pass.
Your no.6 's touch was dreadful and he looked the worst defender for me.
Good luck
Jimmy

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
You were fortunate that we went deep and played 5 across the back in second half. If we had carried on attacking we would have scored 10

i_m

grecIAN Harris

I thought your back line were really poor. Very slow and got turned very easily.
Some of our lot thought Matty T was an ocean going tug last season. What the hell they made of the Gillingham 6 and 8 (IIRC) god only knows. Six couldn't trap a dead mouse and neither of them had the pace to beat a cart horse with a mile head start.

Grecian2K

I don't know Ian...
....their No.6 certainly seemed to me to have appealing ways....especially where dubious "offisies" were concerned! :D

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
No need to apologise mate, just make it up to us with a similar performance against us at the Priestfield. [ecfc]

ECFC JP

Sorry
Dont worry you cant help the players performance or that fans chose of language.:D