• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Mackie, Friend...

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
...who will be the next player out of the doors at SJP, and going to a club higher up the football ladder?

It is inevitable that with our recent performances, and the fact that our current set up seems to be bringing the best out of players. From what I hear there are a fair few scouts at most of our home games now (admittedly this also might be to see the opposition), and Pompey were rumoured to be amongst those in attendence today.

I would imagine many of them trying to find out answers to the following questions between now and January:

Is he a strong character? Does he get drunk all the time? Is he reliable? How often does he get injured?

Personally I can see up to three players leaving the club and all going to clubs higher up the football ladder during the January transfer window. I just hope they have deep pockets because I don't think we will be letting any of them go cheaply, but the club won't stand in the players way.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who do you think Int? Scrat or Matty T maybe but I can't see past that at the moment unless Harley sharpens up his all round game.

iscalad

I don't really see any of our players leaving in January. Doubt very much we would let 3 go.

londonboy80

Listened to the game today and Jimmy Giles confirmed an old mate of his, now a Pompey scout, was at today's game and was there to watch Danny Seaborne. I think there will be bids for a player or two in January but I can't see three leaving - at this stage we are building a side and I don't think we will continue to let players go unless it's for great money and the player in question expresses a desire to leave. Let's face it, if we continue to go great guns the clubs coming in will have to be Prem and Championship sides to lure our players away - despite his great performances I can't see Seaborne being good enough yet for Portsmouth and the Premiership and I don't think any of our other players are quite that standard - Harley is fantastic on his day but is still weak is some areas and for that reason he would represent a huge punt for a bigger side

Last edited:

Incontinentia

Harley, I think. Not the finished article but the talent is there and he is still young.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am with you in thinking that Scrat and Matt Taylor will be sought after, but I feel that one or two clubs might be prepared to take a gamble on Harley as well.

grecIAN Harris

Harley, I think. Not the finished article but the talent is there and he is still young.
Don't you think that because he is lacking in the other side of his game is the reason that Bristol City let him go?

iscalad

And he made 2 tackles today.:D He is the most expressive player we've got but I would be surprised if he left this season.

Red Lion

More importantly, how long till someone head-hunts Tizza?

Which will lead to Ian Holloway becoming our manager.

You heard it here first!!

dommers

Seabourne would be the only one I could see learning.

I don't think Taylor is good enough on the ball to play much higher

I still think Harley is a bit slow to see things around him. He can certainly pass the ball although I think there are times when I would expect quicker decisions from a creative player like him in a higher league.