• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

London Marathon

copplered

Received my London Marathon acceptance this morning for next years race, any one else doing it?

ECFC TOM

Good luck to you, mate. I couldn't run 2 miles let alone 26 miles or whatever it is.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Received my London Marathon acceptance this morning for next years race, any one else doing it?
No reject T- shirt for you then copple;)

I ran London in 2000.......and what a fantastic experience it was.

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nutter. Good luck. I will be warm weather training in Tuscany next week, well ok it will only amount to a 20 min plod through the hillside each morning ;)

What is your target Copple? An old adversary of mine has just represented GB in the Toronto Marathon.

copplered

Looking for a sub 3hr but that will mean a hard winter of training, 1st race tomorrow at the Brixham 10k !!!

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Gutted.

Got my rejection when I got back from holiday, on the doormat.

Oh well, will apply again next year, and will be doing the Great North Swim again too. :)

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looking for a sub 3hr but that will mean a hard winter of training, 1st race tomorrow at the Brixham 10k !!!
How did the Brixham 10k go?!?! Sub 3hr is some going. I watched the Great North today, and I did giggle when the commentator said the decent club athletes will be aiming between 75-90 mins. IMHO 90 mins doesn't make a decent club athlete, unless things have changed dramatically in the last 5 years since I last run competitively.

I think in the run up to the Great North 2 years ago I went to a few early season County League Cross Country fixtures, and was lucky to finish in the top 50.

Juggling Monkey

Administrator
I ran the Brixham 10k today. It was actually 10.3k. ;) Nice route though - enjoyed it a lot.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did it in 2003. I was expecting 4 hours of pain, but thankfully it was just under 3.

Great experience though, and raised almost £5k for charity.

If you're thinking of doing it, then do it.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly my shins would never allow me to do a full 26 miles even if I were to shed the pounds. 10 miles in the Great South Run in '04was too much with the splints kicking in after about 2 miles. Ouch! :(